Serpentine draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Serpentine draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Serpentine draft

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:58 pm

Hey...I am in a serpentine round by round draft and have the 15th out of 16 picks the guy with the 7th pick offered to trade slots...I think it is usually better to be higher, and think the value will be there for the second and especially third round picks, Do I make the switch or do you all like the 15th slot better? thanks in advance
Achilles

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:29 pm

It's mainly a matter of taste. Theoretically, since the drop-off in player values is greatest at the top, the earlier picks have a slight advantage, but that's narly negligible.

With the 7th pick, you'd be able to draft a better franchise-caliber player and wouldn't have to wait so long between picks; with the 15th slot, you'd be in a better position to start runs and influence the draft with two picks so close together.

Go with your personal preference. If you like being higher, make the switch.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

position

Postby Achilles » Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:13 pm

I think their will be anice improvement in quality of player in the third round as well, and dont see the difference too too much in the 4th and 5th, but who knows what will wind up happening, I am just dying to draft..thanks for the input though
Achilles

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby icepak » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:10 pm

I personally like middle of the pack draft positions, at the ends, your draft strategy would also have to factor in the long wait and whether or not to jump in on a player early just for the fear of him not making back to you.
icepak
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers