Teixeira - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixeira

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:09 pm

Madison wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:
Madison wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:Put him back..I am not scared of your Ranger hitters..... :-b


Seems that Blalock and B. Giles are my two odd men out right now....


Come on ....throw him back.... :-D


You know my roster. That's where it currently stands, so you might get what you want. Lol. :-b


Yeah. See. I don't know anything about what you speak of. I assume it's one of your keeper leagues... :-b
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:24 pm

DK wrote:
Madison wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:
Madison wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:Put him back..I am not scared of your Ranger hitters..... :-b


Seems that Blalock and B. Giles are my two odd men out right now....


Come on ....throw him back.... :-D


You know my roster. That's where it currently stands, so you might get what you want. Lol. :-b


Yeah. See. I don't know anything about what you speak of. I assume it's one of your keeper leagues... :-b


thats what im assuming too
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:46 pm

Yes, we were discussing one of our keeper leagues. ;-)

I've currently got 7 keepers and we only keep 5. If I'm unable to make any more trades, then It appears that I will have to cut Blalock and Brian Giles. DHC has the first overall pick in the draft, and I've got the second pick.

Sorry to have lost everyone with that conversation. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:48 pm

Madison wrote:Yes, we were discussing one of our keeper leagues. ;-)

I've currently got 7 keepers and we only keep 5. If I'm unable to make any more trades, then It appears that I will have to cut Blalock and Brian Giles. DHC has the first overall pick in the draft, and I've got the second pick.

Sorry to have lost everyone with that conversation. ;-)


Who else do you have on your team???
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:17 pm

mikcou wrote:
Madison wrote:Yes, we were discussing one of our keeper leagues. ;-)

I've currently got 7 keepers and we only keep 5. If I'm unable to make any more trades, then It appears that I will have to cut Blalock and Brian Giles. DHC has the first overall pick in the draft, and I've got the second pick.

Sorry to have lost everyone with that conversation. ;-)


Who else do you have on your team???


Right now I'm keeping:

Posada
Thome
Renteria
Kent
Vlad

Makes cutting Blalock and Brian Giles tough. I'm still working on a couple of 2 for 1's or 3 for 1's for upgrades. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:36 pm

looks like you have a good team :-) . Its a shame that you would have to have Giles and Blalock go to waste for nothing.
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:39 pm

mikcou wrote:looks like you have a good team :-) . Its a shame that you would have to have Giles and Blalock go to waste for nothing.


I know. The only good thing as it stands right now is that I'll be able to get one of them back. DHC has the first pick in the draft, and I've got the second so one of those 2 will still be there for me. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:42 pm

Madison wrote:
mikcou wrote:looks like you have a good team :-) . Its a shame that you would have to have Giles and Blalock go to waste for nothing.


I know. The only good thing as it stands right now is that I'll be able to get one of them back. DHC has the first pick in the draft, and I've got the second so one of those 2 will still be there for me. ;-)


well thats sounds better at least you will be able to keep one of them. At least both of them wont go to waste :-b
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:47 am

Madison wrote:
mikcou wrote:looks like you have a good team :-) . Its a shame that you would have to have Giles and Blalock go to waste for nothing.


I know. The only good thing as it stands right now is that I'll be able to get one of them back. DHC has the first pick in the draft, and I've got the second so one of those 2 will still be there for me. ;-)



What league is this? Any chance to post the keepers or draft?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 297)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby grammysboy » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:42 pm

Madison wrote:
mikcou wrote:
Madison wrote:Yes, we were discussing one of our keeper leagues. ;-)

I've currently got 7 keepers and we only keep 5. If I'm unable to make any more trades, then It appears that I will have to cut Blalock and Brian Giles. DHC has the first overall pick in the draft, and I've got the second pick.

Sorry to have lost everyone with that conversation. ;-)


Who else do you have on your team???


Right now I'm keeping:

Posada
Thome
Renteria
Kent
Vlad

Makes cutting Blalock and Brian Giles tough. I'm still working on a couple of 2 for 1's or 3 for 1's for upgrades. ;-)


Man! There's a dilema. :-? I'd almost give up my first-born before giving up Blalock. I tried to justify cutting Kent and keeping Hank, but the numbers weren't right. The only way I could do that was to say Kent will be 36 this season and has the best part of his career behind him. Blalock is just getting started. Then it comes down to your league rules. If you can keep a player for more than two seasons, Hank starts to look better. If you're going to have to start paying him a lot more in subsequent seasons or give him up, his value goes down some. I can certainly see why DHC is drooling over this little problem. He definately profits from your misfortune. ;-) (Or should I say he profits from your ability to put together a good team. ;-D )
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2861
Joined: 26 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ridin' the Pine

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact