tq stats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

tq stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:43 pm

I sahred many conversations with Charlie Wiegert, who is supposedly a higher up in the system. His email is mailto:charlie@cdmsports.com. He was pretty good when we started talking about bailing in teh spring. He actually gave us a return initially. But after peeking at a few other sites, we decided to give TQ Stats a go. We run H2H. We tried to organize our roto at Yahoo and ESPN on the side. They are messes too, so what's the difference.

I agree with teh summary provided. Well leaid out Bobby.

It is our experience that TQ Stats has always been good to customers. I am hoping this plays out, but we'll have to see.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CPHFighter1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Bobby, is the incorrect stats issue simply a function of not having April 2nd's stats in the books?

Initially, they were missing stats from April 1 and 2. Now, they've added April 1 stats (listed in the update when you sign in) but April 2 stats are still missing. If this is the reason for the unreliability of the stats, then I can let them know (already have, actually). If there's more to it than that, there is a serious problem.

Thanks for your detailed response. I will send them this link directly along with a summary of the issues.

If anyone else has more to add, please do so, as they will be pointed directly to this link.[/i]
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:55 pm

The caught stealing problem doesn't have anything to do with April 2. Rolen didn't play a game on April 2. His caught stealing came on April 3. Crawford's caught stealing came on April 5. Reyes' caught stealing was from April 1. None of the three are listed as having a caught stealing on their team page or the "Player Stats" page.

The pitching stats for one team are correct on the team page but not on the standings page.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Seanyfever » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:01 pm

As with TQ Stats from previosu year, I always liked that they provided a running total of the statistics involved in teh H2H. We actually got the total for all teams in all categories, and these were even put into a roto form.

Eg.
All 14 Teams in our league were put into a table listing us in ranking of roto stats. 14.0 through 1.0. And the odd tie.

Underneath we were given the totals to date.

HR
Yankees 89
Red Sox 71
Blue Jays 55
D Rays 49

This is something I miss dearly. We play H2H, but I like to watch the roto standings at the same time.

I am also just waiting to see how this pans out.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Postby RASportsnut » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:32 pm

One item I miss from last season is the projections of how the teams will do.

Also, we haven't figured how to do the waiver piece this year. We're having our commish do it manually.
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:16 pm

The story is that the guy who designed the system left, so essentially they are starting from square one as if they had never existed before.

Does anybody know where the original designer went?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bombs » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:38 pm

The previous post listing all the problems was perfect. We can sit here and list all the things we've found, but the bigger problem is that we're still finding problems...there's stuff I haven't found yet, I'm sure, and it's impossible to trust anything.

The lack of communication with customers was ridiculous and avoidable. My league did an offline draft in March, I entered 360 players onto the rosters along with their salaries back on the old site, and then had to do it all over again when they came up with the new site. A simple email or message on the homepage saying "we'll be rebuilding the website because...(insert reason here)...please wait until (insert date here) before creating your league."

And nobody on their customer service side knows what's going on either. I spoke to a few different people and they had no answers. Why buy TQ if you don't know how to run a business or replicate their service?
bombs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BobbyRoberto » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:41 pm

bombs,
Are you still using TQSTATS and waiting to see if things get straightened out or have you switched to another site?
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby CPHFighter1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:56 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote:bombs,
Are you still using TQSTATS and waiting to see if things get straightened out or have you switched to another site?

I am interested to know what he has done as well. For our league, if we bail on TQ, what are our options? Someone mentioned that you can use Yahoo offline draft retroactively, is this true? Has anyone tried it? Player auction values, etc. can always be kept on a spreadsheet.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

tqstats

Postby azzman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:52 am

The TQStats website this year is an unmitigated DISASTER. It is so bad, it is beyond repair. I don't understand why they don't simply apologize and re-instate last year's interface. There are so many problems being discovered with the website that I don't even know where to begin. Here's just a sampling:

1. The "league" roster has my team with 25 players, but my "team" roster only shows 23. Because of this, it says my roster is invalid (not enough players). This is not fixable thru the transaction button because that interface shows the 2 players on my team.

2. We don't have bench players, but the new interface requires teams to submit lineups weekly (for a standard Roto league).

3. Doesn't allow teams to specify SP or RP for their pitchers, unless the league rules stipulate you must have x number of RPs and x number of SPs. Our league only mandates 10 pitchers, broken down however the owner wishes between SP and RP. We can now only label a pitcher as "P" (not SP or RP).

4. Position eligibility seems all screwed up. Certain pitchers show up as eligible at field positions. Other players mysteriously show up as having played a game at a position this year, when I know for a fact that they didn't.

5. The salary change (getting rid of decimals) was a joke. Not having the salaries and contracts on one page with the stats is another joke.

I could go on and on, but really it's all so tiresome. Seriously, the site is not fixable in its present format. They need to either give everyone a refund and let us use the site for free this year as they work the kinks out, or revert back to last year's interface (which was rather good). What a disaster. We are very close to bailing on TQStats this week.
azzman
T-Ball Trainer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers