tq stats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

tq stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

tq stats

Postby toledomudhens » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:09 pm

i am in a money league that is hosted by tq stats, has anybody seen the new site, it is horrible, it's not even ready to host yet. we don't have live scoring, who no's if and when they'll have it done by... what a joke the most important time for fantasy baseball and tq stats has totally dropped the ball on this one!!!!
toledomudhens
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 201)
Home Cafe: Baseball

TQStats

Postby bigjimblue » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:13 pm

Yea, they have been making unkept promises all spring. Last year they were actually pretty good. But they are pathetic this year so far.
bigjimblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby in10s » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:00 am

My league has used TQstats for a while, all was good. This new thing is terrible.

They promised standings would be working on Wed. (5x5 Roto) So, the standings are there, but they didn't include games on 4/1 or 4/2. That seems to be by design!! The weekly results report shows week one starting on 4/3, like the first two days didn't exist.

I suspect they will work out their bugs, and that they will loose tons of customers. My league will probably switch next year.
in10s
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bombs » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:52 am

My league has used them for about 7 seasons and they were great, but everybody wants to bail now. Is there a site where we could recreate our league and generate standings retro to 4/1?

Way to many problems to trust anything they do from here on out.
bombs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TaturCity34 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:05 pm

live scoring is finally up....new site still stinks
TaturCity34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:22 pm

bombs wrote:My league has used them for about 7 seasons and they were great, but everybody wants to bail now. Is there a site where we could recreate our league and generate standings retro to 4/1?

Way to many problems to trust anything they do from here on out.

You could try yahoo and set the draft to offline and retro stats.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

TQ Stats

Postby Prepressisdead » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:24 pm

My league has used TQ Stats for years. They WERE very solid. They basically took all of our money (because they require that you "re-up" back in early March) and then surprise you with a whole new site at the last minute.

I believe they were sold and forced to re-do their site. There seems to be some "stirrings" with their sister site rototimes as well. One of their founders just left.

We have switched to rotowire.com and it's sufficient. Not as functional as the old TQ Stats but it's very affordable and better than what TQ Stats is currently. I believe that CBS Sportsline may be a little better but it's also pricier.

Any other thoughts out there for good sites ?
Anybody but the Dodgers in the NL West
Prepressisdead
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:41 am

It's amazing that a site could so drop the ball right from the get-go. I've used it since '02 and it was always solid. Now, it's a mess. Even if they fix all of the problems they're having with stats and categories, the re-design makes the site worse. It sucks.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby CPHFighter1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:27 pm

Those of you that use TQSTats:

Could you please list the issues you're having with the site? Some changes were made this week, so verify that the issues are still there when you do so.

I'm putting an email together with all of the problems and/or things that are missing from last year. They have been responsive with suggestions, and seem to not really know what there was last year as opposed to this year.

We all know that it sucks right now, but if you post your problems, suggestions, and missing features here, I think they will take care of them. Thanks.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Here are the problems I'm having with TQSTATS:

Most important
The stats on the standings page are not correct, therefore the standings are not correct. This is a HUGE problem because if you can't trust the site, what good is it?

Details:
1. One team has Scott Rolen on the roster. On his team page, Rolen is listed as having played 4 games, with 2 hits in 14 at bats, 0 SB and 0 CS. His actual stats this season are: 5 games, 2 for 17, 0 SB, 1 CS.

2. Carl Crawford is missing a caught stealing.

3. Jose Reyes is missing a caught stealing.

~This is important to my league because we use net-steals as a category.

4. On the standings page, one team has the following stats:
ERA--3.77
WHIP--1.30
K/BB--2.53
Wins--4

On his team page (and the correct numbers):
ERA--4.10
WHIP--1.32
K/BB--2.57
Wins--3

Obviously, this throws off the standings.

5. They aren't carrying the rate stat categories out far enough to differentiate between points. For example, two teams are listed with OBPs of .380. TQSTATS is giving them each 6.5 points in the category. If you carry the OBP out to more decimal places, you see that one team is at .3805 and the other is at .3804. Therefore, one team should get 7 points and the other should get 6 points. This is true for OBP, SLG, ERA, WHIP, and K/BB. It would be very rare for teams to have identical numbers in those categories if you carry them out far enough.

Not as important as the reliability factor, but annoying nonetheless
1. When looking at the team standings, it shows a team's hitting points and pitching points, along with the total. It used to show all of the categories with each team's fantasy point total in each category.

2. When looking at team standings, they don't just show the categories needed for scoring, they show every category that I want listed when I look at my team stats (PA, AB, H, 2B, 3B, etc.). I want to see the full stat line when looking at my team but not when looking at the standings.

3. Live stats, which stopped working altogether yesterday afternoon, used to show "All Teams at a Glance." I very much liked this feature but it is no longer there.

4. Another feature I liked was "Past Stat Report," where I could see the league stats between certain dates. This is no longer offered.

Obviously, the most important thing is reliability. Right now, the standings are incorrect because of the problems mentioned above. And those are just the ones I know about. Finding these errors makes me wonder what other mistakes there might be that I don't have the time to find. The other things are mainly features that used to exist for TQSTATS that no longer exist, which is a downgrade in my book.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers