Keeper Auction Draft Complete: How Did I Do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Keeper Auction Draft Complete: How Did I Do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What???

Postby mikcou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:30 am

JDogg wrote:SP - Tony Armas ($1)

Did anyone else not catch this??? That's the biggest steal of your draft. However, and everyone can yell at me for this....

CARLOS BELTRAN IS NOT WORTH 44 DOLLARS!!!! Draft Soriano for that much, at least he plays second base.


You can Beltran $7-$10 less than that other than that your team looks good...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:33 pm

You did overspend on Beltran but you made up for it with Jeter and Armas.

You should try to get another mid-range closer or punt the saves category completely and trade Foulke for a stud starter.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19542
(Past Year: 281)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby mikcou » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:53 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:You did overspend on Beltran but you made up for it with Jeter and Armas.

You should try to get another mid-range closer or punt the saves category completely and trade Foulke for a stud starter.


I wouldnt advise punting any catagories try and get another closer...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Madison » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:49 am

mikcou wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:You did overspend on Beltran but you made up for it with Jeter and Armas.

You should try to get another mid-range closer or punt the saves category completely and trade Foulke for a stud starter.


I wouldnt advise punting any catagories try and get another closer...


Never punt a catagory! }:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby shortsavage » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:25 am

Mookie4ever wrote:You did overspend on Beltran...


The prices that some other fantasy studs went for in my league: Schilling $40, Delgado $40, Pujols $51, Vlad $53, Gagne $52 and A-Rod $55. We had some pretty good deals in the second half of our draft, while a few owners only had $1 a piece for their last 10 picks. Comparatively, I do not think that I paid too much for Beltran.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby Hawaiian Krush » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:01 am

shortsavage wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:You did overspend on Beltran...


The prices that some other fantasy studs went for in my league: Schilling $40, Delgado $40, Pujols $51, Vlad $53, Gagne $52 and A-Rod $55. We had some pretty good deals in the second half of our draft, while a few owners only had $1 a piece for their last 10 picks. Comparatively, I do not think that I paid too much for Beltran.


Perhaps, but I would have rather spent a few more bucks for Pujols. And I agree, do not punt a category.
You're killing me Smalls!
Hawaiian Krush
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 202
Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Gonzaga Bulldogs!!

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:19 pm

Madison wrote:
mikcou wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:You did overspend on Beltran but you made up for it with Jeter and Armas.

You should try to get another mid-range closer or punt the saves category completely and trade Foulke for a stud starter.


I wouldnt advise punting any catagories try and get another closer...


Never punt a catagory! }:-)



I don't advise punting a category. The only category that this can work with is saves. Look at the other teams - if punting saves will give you a big advantage in the s/o, k and win categories then get rid of your closer. If you do this getting a stud in return is a PRIORity.

The safe thing to do of course is to get another closer.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19542
(Past Year: 281)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby mikcou » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:28 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Madison wrote:
mikcou wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:You did overspend on Beltran but you made up for it with Jeter and Armas.

You should try to get another mid-range closer or punt the saves category completely and trade Foulke for a stud starter.


I wouldnt advise punting any catagories try and get another closer...


Never punt a catagory! }:-)



I don't advise punting a category. The only category that this can work with is saves. Look at the other teams - if punting saves will give you a big advantage in the s/o, k and win categories then get rid of your closer. If you do this getting a stud in return is a PRIORity.

The safe thing to do of course is to get another closer.


try to look for closers who werent auctioned or a team that is willing to trade a closer for a low value...
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2060
Joined: 28 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby shortsavage » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:12 pm

By the way, I won this league in 2004.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:24 pm

when i saw this, i was like "well, phillips isn't starting any more... whoa! great deal on abreu! how'd that happen... HALLADAY FOR 32?! IS THIS DRAFT FROM LAST YEAR OR SOMETHING?!?" and then i looked at the date of the post and the world made sense again. :-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact