Kaz Matsui could be a great sleeper this year... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kaz Matsui could be a great sleeper this year...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bontrjd » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:04 am

I'm in a very deep league and I really need 20-30 steals from Kaz and I honestly don't know what kind of sbs he can deliver. All of the other speculative guys are gone. Disregarding the rest of his offense, can he deliver at least 20 sbs and maybe more? He hasn't even tried to steal a base yet although it is very early. Sandwiched between the steals of tavares and the power behind him I'm not so sure.
bontrjd
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Kaz Matsui - source of SB's all year?

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:11 pm

He's second in the majors in stolen bases right now, is there any reason to think he won't be a steady source of steals for fantasy owners the rest of the year? Just wondering if anyone's starting to take minor notice....
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SignGuy » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:32 pm

i you dont mind the lack of power he could be a one dimensional speed guy with a good avg. i picked him up when hanley went down and he filled in nicely. i dont know about starting him every game in a 12 team mixed though
SignGuy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cobbs87 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Yeah I finally bit and picked him up in my 14 man league. Hell he is doing way better than Willy Taverez at least.
cobbs87
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby thehotcorner » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:04 pm

If guys like taveras, roberts, and pierre are worth owning than so is Kaz. If you ask me, he has more power potential than any of them (he could actually reach double figures) and he plays in Colorado.

He might not be a lock for 40-50 SB, but 30 and maybe even 40 is not out of the question. He's also a 2b unlike those other guys. I got my money on him outperforming Felipez Lopez this year.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:14 pm

Good source of cheap steals in deep leagues, but I wouldn't expect him to be a huge factor for a lot of teams. Good guy coming off the bench when you need steals.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fantasybaseballfan1 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:44 pm

Is anybody aware of any good splits on him? Or any strategies for starting him and another 2b?
fantasybaseballfan1
College Coach
College Coach

Kaz Matsui--Can he keep it up?

Postby KR » Thu May 24, 2007 3:17 am

This guy came over and absolutely sucked as a Met but was a big time add, and most thought he could be a very good player.

So he gets traded to Colorado and this happens.

Games 32
Runs 22
RBI 19
W 10
SB 8
BA--345

So I know its very early, and we all thought that was a fluke but check out his early stats so far:

BA 341
RBI 6
W 2
SB 6

Theres a good chance this guy is on a waiver wire near you--What are his chances of keeping this up and what are your prjections on the year?
KR
College Coach
College Coach

Postby William Shea » Thu May 24, 2007 6:55 am

I watched him often when he was with the Mets and there is noc way that he is going to keep up hitting above .300, absolutly no way. He's an ok Base Stealer so expect maybe 20-25 SB from him if he stays healthy.
-Patrick-
playing Fantasy Baseball more or less successfull since '05
William Shea
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 63)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers