Chris Carpenter DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Carpenter DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BillyMafia » Fri May 04, 2007 5:09 pm

I would buy low on Abreu for Carpenter if I needed the OF help and was ok on pitching.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skapur20 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:17 pm

god i hope this is not going to be a problem anymore. and yeah its good that hes saying these things about feeling good and feeling healthy, but im almost 100% sure he would say these same exact things even if he wasnt feeling to fly. Cause were not the only other ones that read this stuff.

im starting him as soon as he gets back 100% healthy or not, cause jus like the rest of you i invested alot in him and am going to live and die by his right arm
ummm lets go angels? :)
skapur20
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PhilliesPhan » Fri May 04, 2007 7:35 pm

chalk61 wrote:
SweetAurillia wrote:Which is why I've told a lot of ppl in the waiver forums to shop Carpenter if they can get a Cain or above for him. Even if Carp comes back I highly doubt he'll pitch to be worth his 2nd round value this year with those spurs floating around.

What type of player can you expect to get for Carp at this point? I was offered Abreu. Should I take it?

I have Carp and I don't need much help in the outfield, but I would still take this offer.
PhilliesPhan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SweetAurillia » Fri May 04, 2007 7:53 pm

PhilliesPhan wrote:
chalk61 wrote:
SweetAurillia wrote:Which is why I've told a lot of ppl in the waiver forums to shop Carpenter if they can get a Cain or above for him. Even if Carp comes back I highly doubt he'll pitch to be worth his 2nd round value this year with those spurs floating around.

What type of player can you expect to get for Carp at this point? I was offered Abreu. Should I take it?

I have Carp and I don't need much help in the outfield, but I would still take this offer.

I second that.
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat May 05, 2007 11:40 am

I'm in dire need of pitching...would you give up Adrian Gonzalez for Carpenter? I think Gonzo is a lock for .300/30/100/100 which is hard to come by, but so are pitchers like Carpenter (when healthy). I also have Berkman to slide into the 1B spot, but the WW is very thin...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby YaNkEeEeman4 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:46 am

i am in the same situation i can get weaver and carpenter for thome and huff. i am thinking of pulling the trigger not sure though
YaNkEeEeman4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Sat May 05, 2007 11:48 am

That's a riot cuz i am reading your post right now...you start SO many players, but Thome is hurt now too and no way does Gorzo keep up his current pace...I think it's a good deal for you but it's easy for me to say and much harder to actually do.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby YaNkEeEeman4 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:54 am

yea if i do it all i am worried about is giving up thome for him, i think weaver will turn it around. i have good pitching just not enough. i think i am gonna do it and take a chance on carp.
YaNkEeEeman4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bclay » Sat May 05, 2007 2:58 pm

FYI - somebody in a post above just said that Carp is going to have surgery Monday and will be out 3 months.
bclay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SweetAurillia » Sat May 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Well can't say I didn't see this coming. But I'm sure a lot of people predicted surgery as soon as the elbow was diagnosed as the injury for Carp. I just hope some of you heeded the advice to shop him when you could, some of you may still can before the news breaks out all over Yahoo.
[i]For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today[/i]
SweetAurillia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates