whose stock went up on opening day? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

whose stock went up on opening day?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

whose stock went up on opening day?

Postby macman8494 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:18 am

I say Miguel Cabrera, Felix Hernandez, Hanley Ramirez, and Ian Kinsler
macman8494
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Holein1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:26 am

agreed...also sheets...but here are a few sleepers

valverde....3k's in his 1 inning
freel.....2/3 with a run
meche...undrafted in a few leagues...1 run against
myers....7.2 ip 4 hits 3 runs against but 9ks
Holein1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smoovethug » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:02 am

I wouldn't say MCab's stock went up, everyone should already know he's a top tier performer.

Dan Wheeler, courtesy of Lidge
Elijah Dukes
Luke Scott
Edgar Renteria

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Dislexic Irishman » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:02 am

I agree with Felix.
We already know Sheets is great. Its just a matter of whether or not he will still be pitching in a couple months.
MCab and Hanley were already rated high. MCab is already a first rounder.
I'd add BJ Upton and Dan Wheeler
Dislexic Irishman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby idealFX » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:31 am

I'm liking Felix (got him in both leagues damn I'm good). I ALSO like Kinsler's performance in the 9 spot. i'm sure he'll start to hit higher if they don't produce in the first week or so... Another name to look out for is Rocco Baldelli (hitting 3rd in a sky-for-potential lineup). He CAN be the complete fantasy player.

It's a little early for Upton to consider (for me anyway... he doesn't have all of the eligibility he should have in Yahoo! leagues), as we should see him string togther a consistent couple of weeks or so.

How about Salomon Torres?!?! Dude's got composure. I know it's too early to hehehaha to all of the Torres haters, but I'm just glad he closed out an extra inning game to the Houston Awfuls.

I liked Morneau's performance too (brought a little chuckle when I saw the box score). In Yahoo! leagues, his ADP was around 27 or something. It's looking like if he continues CLOSE-TO his first day, he'll be a good investment for trade opportunites.

Regarding the Lidge comment, it's just a matter of time. Garner has had way too much faith in this guy (FIVE+ ERA LAST YEAR) for too long. I've always loved his ability to strike guys out, but I guess the Pujols HR did change his mentality closing. However, I don't like the idea of Wheeler getting the Save Opp's. It might end up being the same kinda shaky bullpen situations like StL, Cleveland, Cincy, and TB. I think Houston will be the team to trade (if not Boston) for a guy like Turnbow down the future, so I guess stay on the look out for that.

I never like gauging seasons on the first week, let alone the first day, but the afforementioned are my opinions on who moved their stocks up.
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stlcardsfan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:31 am

I agree with the above. It was ONE whole day. There's still 161 games left so it's way too soon to start making any predictions about how the season will go (outside of maybe how bad Lidge is going to be).
stlcardsfan
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Grouperman941 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:47 am

idealFX wrote:I never like gauging seasons on the first week, let alone the first day, but the afforementioned are my opinions on who moved their stocks up.

Right. No way Renteria and Dunn keep up the pace. (maybe 200 homers for Rent 250 for Dunn?) ;-)

Looking at Renteria, he may have already hit 10% of his homers for the year.

Stock as in trade value might be altered the first day or week, but hold on to your projections for a bit longer before starting to adjust based on performance.

(Except in the case where a guy is suddenly earning a lot of PT.)
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Young 8 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:10 am

idealFX wrote:
Regarding the Lidge comment, it's just a matter of time. Garner has had way too much faith in this guy (FIVE+ ERA LAST YEAR) for too long. I've always loved his ability to strike guys out, but I guess the Pujols HR did change his mentality closing. However, I don't like the idea of Wheeler getting the Save Opp's. It might end up being the same kinda shaky bullpen situations like StL, Cleveland, Cincy, and TB. I think Houston will be the team to trade (if not Boston) for a guy like Turnbow down the future, so I guess stay on the look out for that.

Turnbow ??

so you wanna switch a "blown saver" like Lidge for another "blown saver" ?

ROTFL !
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HKDflip » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:16 pm

How about Grudzelanik? He went 3/5 with a couple of runs and RBIs..
2004 Curs3 R3v3rs3d
HKDflip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Geek » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Dan Wheeler.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Next