Felipe Lopez MAY NOT get 2B eligiblity (Guzman to DL) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Felipe Lopez MAY NOT get 2B eligiblity (Guzman to DL)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Another Blown Save » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:55 pm

And here's some bad news

Rotoworld wrote:Nationals placed shortstop Cristian Guzman on the 15-day disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
The Nationals made the move even though they didn't have anyone to replace him for tonight's game. D'Angelo Jimenez will be up to take the roster spot on Wednesday. Guzman is expected to miss two or three weeks. Though manager Manny Acta said Felipe Lopez would move to short if Guzman needed to go on the DL, Josh Wilson is starting there tonight. If Lopez goes to shortstop on Wednesday, Ronnie Belliard will play second base.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 5385
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:And here's some bad news

Rotoworld wrote:Nationals placed shortstop Cristian Guzman on the 15-day disabled list with a left hamstring strain.
The Nationals made the move even though they didn't have anyone to replace him for tonight's game. D'Angelo Jimenez will be up to take the roster spot on Wednesday. Guzman is expected to miss two or three weeks. Though manager Manny Acta said Felipe Lopez would move to short if Guzman needed to go on the DL, Josh Wilson is starting there tonight. If Lopez goes to shortstop on Wednesday, Ronnie Belliard will play second base.


So close, yet so far. :-b
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby Coppermine » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:58 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:Here's a good news, he starting at 2B today


Florida has Olsen pitching tonight, a lefty, which may have something to do with Wilson starting at SS... but I'm watching the Nats-Fla game and he just made a throwing error. Then again, this whole Nationals team is bush league. 5-0 in the second, but Scott Olson looks sharp... and he knocked in a double.

They may move Lopez over and play Belliard at 2B with righties on the mound, but if Lopez just starts at 2B with lefties pitching, he'll hopefully get eligibility there sooner than if he played SS exclusively with Guzman out.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby fbc_fan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:09 pm

is the platoon of wilson/belliard with lopez swapping back and forth across the bag how its going to shake down? i'm hoping he picks up that 2b eligibility soon, i'd like to play him alongside jose reyes.
Image
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1412
Joined: 17 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:55 am

Coppermine wrote:Then again, this whole Nationals team is bush league.


That's just not fair to criticize an entire league like that. :-b
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Justblaze » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:28 pm

Rut-Roh! Lopez is starting at SS today against the Marlins. I guess his value further depletes. In a way it might be a blessing in disguise because aside from Zimmerman, Belliard maybe the Nats second best hitter. No offense to Kearns and lopez.


Argh, I was hoping to play lopez at 2B, I guess I have to pick up Luis Castillo now. :-P
Image
Justblaze
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4150
Joined: 2 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:34 pm

Justblaze wrote:Rut-Roh! Lopez is starting at SS today against the Marlins. I guess his value further depletes. In a way it might be a blessing in disguise because aside from Zimmerman, Belliard maybe the Nats second best hitter. No offense to Kearns and lopez.


Argh, I was hoping to play lopez at 2B, I guess I have to pick up Luis Castillo now. :-P


I just hope it doesn't piss Lopez off. I guess forcing Soriano off of 2b worked for them last year...why not do it with Lopez this year. :-b
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby fbc_fan » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:29 pm

3rd game in a row that lopez has been slated to play SS and belliard at 2b. looks like josh wilson will be lost in the shuffle. i guess felipe won't end up with his 2b eligibility until guzman returns. i dislike guzman as a baseball player to begin with (totally inept and below replacement level) and now i dislike him even more for screwing with my teams flexibility. that jerk. !+)
Image
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1412
Joined: 17 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:15 am

I hate the Belliard tongue.

Image
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Oh come on now, thats just mean

Postby dbacksnats » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:25 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Then again, this whole Nationals team is bush league.


That's just not fair to criticize an entire league like that. :-b


Oh come on now, thats just mean. Its going to be a long long painful season.
Gracias!
dbacksnats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 49
Joined: 20 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: DC

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact