FFXII - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

FFXII

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FFXII

Postby ThatDude » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:14 am

Rather than continue the hijack of my GoW2 thread, I'll create another thread that I will likely hijack at some future date.

So I decided to abandon the storyline of the game right around the time I left Jahara with Half-Pint stuck to my group, with the intention of improving my EXP/LP/Equipment. Approx. 10-11 hours of gameplay later, I've certainly succeeded.

The biggest thing was my discovery of the quickenings. Sadly, I haven't been able to actually cut off anyone's head yet, but even so, those things are pretty sweet.

My main party of Vann, Balthier and Basch are all nearing lvl 30 and have all 3 of their Q's. The chicks have kinda been left to sit on the sidelines, but all have 2 Q's each. It took me a while to get the hang of them, but now that I do (to a degree anyway), I'm killing folks way out of my weight class and leveling up nicely.

In the process of exploring, I've also stumbled upon some sidequests that have yielded some nice toys.

Vaan is the Golden Boy, shield, hat, armor, and amulet, and swinging a Demonsbane around.

I found some fire bullets, so I've given Balthier the job of shooting things, and he likes it.

Basch is my ninja, with the Kogarhashasumaruistu (something like that anyway, the one with the 58 ATK) slicin' and dicin' up all the suckas.

I've even got a second golden amulet, that I've been rotating around on the chicks, so they all get some of the effects, and I've got another of that ninja sword laying around unused. I haven't even used the Barhiem Key I got.

I've also discovered a trick or two that I will use to level up quickly when I start a new game, by getting on those quickenings as fast as possible and wailing on those werewolves in the Giza area.

Anyway, I'll probably start digging back into the storyline next time I fire the game up. I should be in much better shape now.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:18 pm

Sounds good, if you need any help I'd be happy to give some advice, you got a long way to go, which is a good thing, at leastI would think it is.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: FFXII

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:25 pm

ThatDude wrote:Rather than continue the hijack of my GoW2 thread, I'll create another thread that I will likely hijack at some future date.

So I decided to abandon the storyline of the game right around the time I left Jahara with Half-Pint stuck to my group, with the intention of improving my EXP/LP/Equipment. Approx. 10-11 hours of gameplay later, I've certainly succeeded.

The biggest thing was my discovery of the quickenings. Sadly, I haven't been able to actually cut off anyone's head yet, but even so, those things are pretty sweet.

My main party of Vann, Balthier and Basch are all nearing lvl 30 and have all 3 of their Q's. The chicks have kinda been left to sit on the sidelines, but all have 2 Q's each. It took me a while to get the hang of them, but now that I do (to a degree anyway), I'm killing folks way out of my weight class and leveling up nicely.

In the process of exploring, I've also stumbled upon some sidequests that have yielded some nice toys.

Vaan is the Golden Boy, shield, hat, armor, and amulet, and swinging a Demonsbane around.

I found some fire bullets, so I've given Balthier the job of shooting things, and he likes it.

Basch is my ninja, with the Kogarhashasumaruistu (something like that anyway, the one with the 58 ATK) slicin' and dicin' up all the suckas.

I've even got a second golden amulet, that I've been rotating around on the chicks, so they all get some of the effects, and I've got another of that ninja sword laying around unused. I haven't even used the Barhiem Key I got.

I've also discovered a trick or two that I will use to level up quickly when I start a new game, by getting on those quickenings as fast as possible and wailing on those werewolves in the Giza area.

Anyway, I'll probably start digging back into the storyline next time I fire the game up. I should be in much better shape now.

nice...i pretty much went the whole game without using Quickenings...they seem a little cheap IMO, plus i could never figure out how to use them properly. i do like the MP boost they give though

Barheim is pretty tough, i think i was level 40 or so when i went. Lots of undead that all spam reflect on each other
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: FFXII

Postby ThatDude » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:nice...i pretty much went the whole game without using Quickenings...they seem a little cheap IMO, plus i could never figure out how to use them properly. i do like the MP boost they give though

Barheim is pretty tough, i think i was level 40 or so when i went. Lots of undead that all spam reflect on each other

I see them as the semi-equivalent to limit breaks or overdrives from the previous games. They seem to do more damage, but I don't have a problem with that. I'll probably use them less on my next game, but I'll abuse them this time around.

I'm not sure I've got them all figured out yet. I'm averaging like 11-14 hits per usage, but sometimes I don't even crack double digits.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games