ESPN Fantasy is Down - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN Fantasy is Down

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN Fantasy is Down

Postby Third Day » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:21 am

And people are angry. Half of the teams are missing and waivers in all the leagues have been rest to Thursday. Plus from what I'm reading the real time stats weren't working last night. How does a company that large and with that much money manage to screw up so badly every year?
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ordinarygenius » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:26 am

Dunno what is happening, but Yahoo doesn't have Sunday's numbers either.
ordinarygenius
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Coppermine » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:11 am

They spent all their money on that rock video with John Kruk and Geddy Lee.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby echrisl » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:48 am

Another chapter in the illustrious history of ESPN fantasy sports. :-t
Using a key to gouge expletives on another's vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship.
echrisl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:49 am

ESPN is the worst. Their product was mediocre at best and were charging a crapload of money for years. Now that they realized that their product sucks, they went to free service to be able to compete with Yahoo.

So before we had ESPN ripping people off with a bad service. Now we have ESPN for free with a worse service.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Hobbes » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:49 am

Coppermine wrote:They spent all their money on that rock video with John Kruk and Geddy Lee.

Yeah, because when I think baseball, I think of Geddy Lee.

Seriously, what made them think that commercial was a good concept to advertise fantasy baseball?
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Coppermine » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:53 am

Hobbes wrote:
Coppermine wrote:They spent all their money on that rock video with John Kruk and Geddy Lee.

Seriously, what made them think that commercial was a good concept to advertise fantasy baseball?

I don't know if you've noticed, but ESPN commercials tend to border on the absolute ridiculous. I'm ok with the commercial, but I saw it 3 times before I realized they were advertising ESPN Fantasy instead of Baseball Tonight.

I personally preferred the Bull Durham scene recreations. I miss Harold though.

Anyway, ESPN is pushing the boundaries... that ESPN cell phone was pretty much the last straw for me. I'll watch Baseball Tonight, but I can't stand another second of StuartScottCenter... him and his lazy eye. Can we go five minutes during the basketball season without talking about Kobe Bryant? Seriously, 5 minutes.

Oh, what's that Stuart? A-Rod and Jeter AREN'T best friends?! Holy crap!

:-[
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Hobbes » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:01 am

Coppermine wrote:I don't know if you've noticed, but ESPN commercials tend to border on the absolute ridiculous. I'm ok with the commercial, but I saw it 3 times before I realized they were advertising ESPN Fantasy instead of Baseball Tonight.

Anyway, ESPN is pushing the boundaries... that ESPN cell phone was pretty much the last straw for me. I'll watch Baseball Tonight, but I can't stand another second of StuartScottCenter... him and his lazy eye. Can we go five minutes during the basketball season without talking about Kobe Bryant? Seriously, 5 minutes.

I watch almost nothing on ESPN anymore, except PTI. I don't even watch Baseball tonight anymore. A lot of loud talk and worthless analysis. Perhaps if they restocked their team with some knowledgeable baseball analysts I'd come back around. But they're too enamored with the ex-players and managers, and Steve Phillips makes me want to shoot myself.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:22 am

Coppermine wrote:
Hobbes wrote:

I don't know if you've noticed, but ESPN commercials tend to border on the absolute ridiculous. I'm ok with the commercial, but I saw it 3 times before I realized they were advertising ESPN Fantasy instead of Baseball Tonight.

i just wish they'd devote some coverage to NASCAR and women's basketball ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Millhouse » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:28 am

Count me in the minority, but I thought the commercial was pretty funny. Gammons in a long white wig. Carlos Lee with that "Where the hell am I?" look on his face. An angry Sheffield bashing on the drums. At least they're not taking themselves too seriously like many big companies do, and I thought the bizarro use of Geddy Lee (HUGE roto nut and baseball fan) was in line with the weird/funny cameos you see on their great Sportscenter commercials. And those two, um, "dancers" next to a gawking Billy the Marlin were well worth it, IMO. ;) I dunno, I didn't hate it as much as you guys did.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 167)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers