Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Bwanna » Thu May 17, 2007 8:20 am

Bwanna wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
Rounders wrote:On the same note, I think "Last two weeks" is the best judge of how someone is doing, and would like to see that added as an option for settting rosters and looking up free agents. That option has been available on other sites I've used, and I think it's the most useful because it gives you an idea of who's hot right now, but the "Last Week" can be skewed a lot by one good day.

So, apparently Y! has a two week option available, but hasn't made this available in the UI yet.

If you display player stats for the last month, you'll notice in the URL there is the string "L30" (last 30 days I assume) at the end of the URL, and "L7" when displaying last week's stats.

Manually change that to "L14", and it appears to display the last two weeks stats.

I was hoping I might be able to put in an arbitrary number there (21 days would be nice too), but it appears to only work for specific periods (7,14,30).

Here's a Greasemonkey script to add 'Last 2 Weeks' stat options...
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9298

Updated to work on the Watch List page.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rounders » Thu May 17, 2007 9:18 am

One of the most frustrating thing I experience every year for both baseball and football...

When you pre-rank players, and then click submit, it asks you to login (if you haven't logged in in a while). After you login it sends you to some random page and you lose all the pre-ranks you've been working on. This has cost me hours of pre-ranking. I thought I got smart by logging in before I started my pre-ranks, but even doing that if you pre-rank a lot of players before pressing submit, it still sends you to the login page (it's suppose to go 2 weeks before asking you to login again).

Also, you should be able to transfer your pre-ranks from a free league to a PLUS league and vice versa. You can transfer them from free league to free league, but it cost me a few hours this year since I plugged them into a free league and it wouldn't let me transfer them to my PLUS league.

zEli173 wrote:StatTracker needs a major overhaul. This is my biggest gripe. I know it must be very tricky to deliver a real time app that works smoothly for all users, but there are just far too many customers who have problems with StatTracker freezing or slowing down their system. The issues are really unnaceptable. I only open StatTracker for a couple minutes a night to check my team's progress and then I close it down before my system goes haywire. It's especially dissapointing that these issues have been going on for a very long time and when the current version of StatTracker was realesed a couple years ago, it didn't do anything to alleviate them.

I've run Stat Tracker on many many computers over the years, and I have never had a problem with this, and I've never heard my friends in my football or baseball league mention this (even on dial-up modems). I leave Stat Tracker up all day and night and never have to close it down or restart it (unless my internet goes down).

zEli173 wrote:A feature that I'd like to see added is to have a large format StatTracker that can display all the important information at one time. So whereas now StatTracker is a compact window with several tabs, Yahoo would add an option for an expanded view that would show in one window your team's daily stats, your team's season stats, your league's daily stats, and your league's season stats. See everything at once instead of having to switch back and forth!

One more request (which is probably asking too much considering all the present issues StatTracker has), allow users to have multiple StatTrackers open at one time so you can monitor all your leagues.

It would be nice to have a full size screen where half the screen was Stat Tracker, and the other half was Game Channel. Or be able to at least open a Stat Tracker and Game Channel window seperately.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri May 18, 2007 12:55 pm

someone mentioned this in another thread, but how about being able to add 1(or more) NA spots? it could be used to have a player currently in the minors or be used for when a major leaguer goes on the barevement list.
for the minor leaguers, one name that comes to mind is Billy Butler. he was added to yahoo after he was called up and im guessing alot of people would have burned a waiver priority on him, only to have him recently sent back down. now anyone who would have used that waiver priority is at the back of the list with nothing much to show for their move. they would likely have to drop Butler unless they are in a custom league with deep benches. if there was an NA spot they could move him there until hes called back up.

another suggestion has to do with the players list. for stats you can search using splits this season or splits career. it would be nice to also search for splits from last season and if possible splits from 1st half and 2nd half.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 29, 2007 1:20 am

i have another suggestion..

i just noticed tonight under "News & Expert Advice" there is a title "Favorable Matchups" which has favorable matchups for that day, but i only see the current day.
it would be nice to see favorable matchups for the next day attleast if not more days in advance. that could help with picking up hitters/pitchers for the following day.
i assume the numbers are over the players career? it would be nice to see favorable matchups for either career or just this season.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Rounders » Tue May 29, 2007 9:15 am

SpecialFNK wrote:i have another suggestion..

i just noticed tonight under "News & Expert Advice" there is a title "Favorable Matchups" which has favorable matchups for that day, but i only see the current day.
it would be nice to see favorable matchups for the next day attleast if not more days in advance. that could help with picking up hitters/pitchers for the following day.
i assume the numbers are over the players career? it would be nice to see favorable matchups for either career or just this season.

Good suggestion, but my guess is that Yahoo will shoot it down. Reason being - I e-mailed them once about having someone removed from the "can't cut list" because there was 2 weeks left in the season and he was out for the season, and I needed the spot to pick up a new pitcher. They're response was that they don't agree with the strategy of picking up players for one day (or one start), so they would not process my request.
If they were to do this suggestion, it would indirectly be promoting this strategy. I don't know why they are so against it, since it is well within the rules, and can really help a team win. I think that they would prefer that everyone draft their team and then leave it until the season is over.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Tue May 29, 2007 10:29 am

Rounders wrote:Good suggestion, but my guess is that Yahoo will shoot it down. Reason being - I e-mailed them once about having someone removed from the "can't cut list" because there was 2 weeks left in the season and he was out for the season, and I needed the spot to pick up a new pitcher. They're response was that they don't agree with the strategy of picking up players for one day (or one start), so they would not process my request.
If they were to do this suggestion, it would indirectly be promoting this strategy. I don't know why they are so against it, since it is well within the rules, and can really help a team win. I think that they would prefer that everyone draft their team and then leave it until the season is over.

Wow. That's a weird response from Yahoo. Why should they care what strategy each owner uses?

Another option would be to simply have your commish temporarily change the settings to allow dropping any player, even those on the can't cut list.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue May 29, 2007 10:51 am

Rounders wrote:One of the most frustrating thing I experience every year for both baseball and football...

When you pre-rank players, and then click submit, it asks you to login (if you haven't logged in in a while). After you login it sends you to some random page and you lose all the pre-ranks you've been working on. This has cost me hours of pre-ranking. I thought I got smart by logging in before I started my pre-ranks, but even doing that if you pre-rank a lot of players before pressing submit, it still sends you to the login page (it's suppose to go 2 weeks before asking you to login again).

this one never happens to me, but i see how frustrating it can be

Rounders wrote: Also, you should be able to transfer your pre-ranks from a free league to a PLUS league and vice versa. You can transfer them from free league to free league, but it cost me a few hours this year since I plugged them into a free league and it wouldn't let me transfer them to my PLUS league.

yea i agree, and please next year make it so that if you go over the # of players your league is going to draft while pre-ranking, don't give us the error and make us start all over again. i hate that the most during preseason. i work for an hour doing my rankings but just because i happened to rank 301 players when our league will draft a total of 300 players, i shouldn't lose all my work and have to start from scratch.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 am

Bwanna wrote:
Rounders wrote:Good suggestion, but my guess is that Yahoo will shoot it down. Reason being - I e-mailed them once about having someone removed from the "can't cut list" because there was 2 weeks left in the season and he was out for the season, and I needed the spot to pick up a new pitcher. They're response was that they don't agree with the strategy of picking up players for one day (or one start), so they would not process my request.

Wow. That's a weird response from Yahoo. Why should they care what strategy each owner uses?

Another option would be to simply have your commish temporarily change the settings to allow dropping any player, even those on the can't cut list.

rounders, that really is an odd reply, i don't think that you should judge them on that reply alone, maybe the person who sent you that was just not having a good day or something. definitely doesn't sound like something representative of yahoo. when was that? maybe they got enough complaints about that and changed for this yr, who knows...
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Rounders » Tue May 29, 2007 11:04 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
Bwanna wrote:

rounders, that really is an odd reply, i don't think that you should judge them on that reply alone, maybe the person who sent you that was just not having a good day or something. definitely doesn't sound like something representative of yahoo. when was that? maybe they got enough complaints about that and changed for this yr, who knows...

It was the end of the '05 season, so maybe they have changed their tune now that it is a pretty widely accepted strategy. I wish I still had the response because it did make me laugh a bit. I held onto it for a few months, but trashed it sometime over the off season.

And I guess adding "probables" as an option when looking at the available starting pitchers shows that they might be softening to the strategy.
Last edited by Rounders on Tue May 29, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rounders » Tue May 29, 2007 11:06 am

Bwanna wrote:

I am the commish, but I couldn't change it the last 2 weeks of the season just to benefit my needs. I put out the suggestion to the owner that I was playing in the playoffs, but he shot it down so I left it as it was.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers