Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Bwanna » Wed May 16, 2007 12:38 pm

BTW, are the Yahoo fantasy baseball sites down, or is just on my end?
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 260)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Wed May 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Yahoo is working fine for me.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Ryno23 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:10 pm

Rounders wrote:They base their size on a 5x5 league I believe, but we use a 6x6 league, so not all the stats fit.

That makes sense, and would explain why our 7x7 is so much wider than the window.

I hope they don't ever change to the font of the football tracker; it was too hard to read. The baseball one is near perfect, save for the rigid window size specs.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bwanna » Wed May 16, 2007 2:35 pm

Ryno23 wrote:
Rounders wrote:They base their size on a 5x5 league I believe, but we use a 6x6 league, so not all the stats fit.

That makes sense, and would explain why our 7x7 is so much wider than the window.

I hope they don't ever change to the font of the football tracker; it was too hard to read. The baseball one is near perfect, save for the rigid window size specs.

Well, being able to resize the football tracker window and having the fonts (and everything) resize as well fixed that problem for me.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 260)

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Wed May 16, 2007 2:51 pm

It would be really nice to see the "Position Eligibility" tracker duplicated as part of the Extras page of your team.
KoopaTroopa211
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrbo » Wed May 16, 2007 3:24 pm

Ryno23 wrote:StatTracker is great, except for one thing: Scrolling. Having to scroll left-and-right in the 2 stat boxes on the right side to see all the info is a pain. If you could widen the window to eliminate the side-to-side scrolling, it would be perfect.

I use classic stat tracker (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b2/####/loadstattracker?classic=1) with a 1280x1024 desktop resolution. And i don't have to scroll at all, even with 6x6 categories. I find it much nicer to check my matchups than the new stat tracker. Although the new one is nice for the game updates in the bottom left (which bases are occupied, who is batting, etc)
mrbo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MissingOakley » Wed May 16, 2007 3:38 pm

Does classic stattracker only work for plus leagues or something?
MissingOakley
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mrbo » Wed May 16, 2007 3:41 pm

A few more suggestions that I don't think have been discussed:

- Ive never been the commish of a yahoo league so I'm not sure what the available categories are. Is there any place to see all the available stat categories? There are a few that I would love to see added if they aren't already. Net Wins (W-L) or (2xW-L), K/9 and a category I saw at CBS that seems really cool. They call it Relief (2xSV+Hold-BS).

Net Wins and K/9 would help to stop people from roster churning crappy pitchers to take the Wins and Ks categories.

The relief category would give more value to closers than what my league currently has (Saves and Holds their own categories). With my current league's categories, setup men seem more valuable than closers. They each get you their respective categories, setup men are more plentiful, and probably vulture more wins.

- It would be nice if vetos weren't anonymous. People might not be so quick with it if it showed who veto'd. Maybe even make the person vetoing the trade fill in a required 'Reason' form.
mrbo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mrbo » Wed May 16, 2007 3:43 pm

MissingOakley wrote:Does classic stattracker only work for plus leagues or something?

I don't think so. The URL I used as an example though is a plus league. You basically just have to append /loadstattracker?classic=1 to the URL of your leagues main page. Obviously you must be paying for stat tracker
mrbo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby zEli173 » Wed May 16, 2007 5:04 pm

First, let me say that I really like the new drag and drop management and I really like the fact that you've left the classic format available for those who prefer it. That's respect. I also think the "Distance from competition" is a nice new addition. Kudos on that.

Also, I hate the sugestion to note injuries on the draft software for two reasons. First, I think Yahoo is going down a slippery sloap in terms of what information it provides. Would you just note serious injuries, or every single injury? How would you determine what injuries are worthy of notation? What if you miss an injury, your customers are going to be pissed. Second, I think you should leave the honus on managers to do their homework. There are plenty of places to find information, we shouldn't have Yahoo holding our hands at draft time.

Changes I'd like to see...

Pending Transactions Limit:
I mentioned this before, but I'd like Yahoo to raise the limit on the number of pending transactions. I know there are server concerns, but I'm guessing the servers can handle a few more per team.

StatTracker:
StatTracker needs a major overhaul. This is my biggest gripe. I know it must be very tricky to deliver a real time app that works smoothly for all users, but there are just far too many customers who have problems with StatTracker freezing or slowing down their system. The issues are really unnaceptable. I only open StatTracker for a couple minutes a night to check my team's progress and then I close it down before my system goes haywire. It's especially dissapointing that these issues have been going on for a very long time and when the current version of StatTracker was realesed a couple years ago, it didn't do anything to alleviate them.

Aside from overhauling StatTracker for compatibility problems, the usability needs major enhancements. The most glaring issue is that you cannot resize the stat window. I play in several 6 x 6 leagues, and the window cannot be sized to show all the information at once. That is just boneheaded and it has to be fixed. (and yes, this is also a problem with the classic StatTracker)

A feature that I'd like to see added is to have a large format StatTracker that can display all the important information at one time. So whereas now StatTracker is a compact window with several tabs, Yahoo would add an option for an expanded view that would show in one window your team's daily stats, your team's season stats, your league's daily stats, and your league's season stats. See everything at once instead of having to switch back and forth!

One more request (which is probably asking too much considering all the present issues StatTracker has), allow users to have multiple StatTrackers open at one time so you can monitor all your leagues.

Draft:
Again, there are compatibility issues with this real time app. In this case, I can say that Yahoo has come a long way. Drafting on Yahoo used to be really touch and go as there were not too infrequent snafoos. I have a lot more confidence in the software now, but there are still occoasional issues and a problem at the draft can be catastrophic. There is always a level of paranoia that something will go drastically wrong at a Yahoo draft

I think you need to give leagues more control over the process. Allow the commisioner to pause the draft if there are problems. Again, I realize there are probably server concerns if leagues take hours to complete their drafts. But it would go a long way if you give the commisioner an allotment of pause time (say 20 minutes) that he can use if any issues come up.

Also, incorporate a system to exchange picks in the event two teams make a deal before or during the draft to swap some picks. I believe CBS allows for both exchange picks and pausing the draft.

IM Function:
I would love it if there was a seemless way for managers to hop on an IM app that would reside within their league. I'd say give managers the option to hop on to the IM and leave a little window open at the bottom of every league page. My worry is that with so much trouble with other real time apps, we're only asking for more problems with IM.

Standings Page:
Show how many innings pitched each team has used!!!

Team Page:
Show the opposing SP!!!
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers