Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Bwanna » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:I never use the 2005 or 2006. And if I am not mistaken that is a spot where OPPONENTS used to be. That was excellent for mapping out lineups for the week. specially for SPs. The OPPONENTS link is now buried within the Extras tab. It's no biggie to click a few times to get to OPPONENTS but it was great to have on the team front page.
Piece!

I wasn't even aware OPPONENTS was under EXTRAS. Good to know. And probably a more appropriate place for something like this:

Last edited by Bwanna on Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 271)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bwanna » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Rounders wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:Genie, thanks for checking in. Nice to hear that Yahoo still looks to improve on what is the best service out there.

Here's another...on a teams page there are the stat links TODAY, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH, 2006, 2005.

I never use the 2005 or 2006. And if I am not mistaken that is a spot where OPPONENTS used to be. That was excellent for mapping out lineups for the week. specially for SPs. The OPPONENTS link is now buried within the Extras tab. It's no biggie to click a few times to get to OPPONENTS but it was great to have on the team front page.

Piece!

On the same note, I think "Last two weeks" is the best judge of how someone is doing, and would like to see that added as an option for settting rosters and looking up free agents. That option has been available on other sites I've used, and I think it's the most useful because it gives you an idea of who's hot right now, but the "Last Week" can be skewed a lot by one good day.

+1 for "Last two weeks" instead of "2005", or at least in addition to the current options.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hot4tx » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Just wanted to say that I have and am currently playing in other leagues - CBS, Sandbox, ESPN, TSN and I like Yahoo fantasy sports the best.

In my main friends league about half the guys I've talked to use the new roster view and about half (including myself) prefer the option.

My one big complaint is that the draft is not flexible enough in prviate leauges. It cannot be started over and players cannot be forced to a team during the draft by the commish - we had a keeper issue one year where certain players weren't to be picked, as they were keeper/suplemental players. One of the guys screwed it up and it was a mess. Yahoo did allow us to re-draft but it was impossible to find a time that everyone could be online again.

Of course if adding the commish flexibility resulted in the draft room software to be touchy (and crash sometimes) like in other leagues, then I definitely wouldn't take that trade off!
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 138)

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:23 pm

hot4tx wrote:It cannot be started over and players cannot be forced to a team during the draft by the commish.
Why in the world would you want a draft started over? That is terrible. "Oops, I didn't get the guy I wanted. I should have taken him a round earlier. Let's all start over." :-t
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Rounders » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:05 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
hot4tx wrote:It cannot be started over and players cannot be forced to a team during the draft by the commish.
Why in the world would you want a draft started over? That is terrible. "Oops, I didn't get the guy I wanted. I should have taken him a round earlier. Let's all start over." :-t

I see where you're going, but I don't like the idea. We had this happen in one league, and the guy that the player was suppose to go to, drafted one of the other manager's keepers, and they traded when the draft was over. I would never want to start a draft over.
This can be resolved if other suggestions are taken - like being able to add players to teams pre-draft. The capability is already there for this for up to 10 keepers per team, but every team has to have the same amount of keepers, and it has to be rounds 1 - 10 (or however many keepers you go with). This works out good for our league because we keep 5, and for the teams that didn't keep 5, I ran an e-mail slow draft before so that I could fill out their teams. I like that this option was added in, but it could be a little more flexible by letting different amount of keepers per team and allowing the commish to add them in for any given round (i.e. someone keeps Delmon Young in the 18th round).

One nice feature on the draft would be to give the commish the ability to pause the draft. There have been many times where managers get kicked out of the draft room or have trouble connecting to the draft (sometimes due to the Yahoo draft room, and sometimes due to poor internet connection), and it would be nice if I could pause it so until they were able to get connected. I noticed that this feature was on Mock Draft Central, and it came in handy.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 am

Rounders wrote:On the same note, I think "Last two weeks" is the best judge of how someone is doing, and would like to see that added as an option for settting rosters and looking up free agents. That option has been available on other sites I've used, and I think it's the most useful because it gives you an idea of who's hot right now, but the "Last Week" can be skewed a lot by one good day.

So, apparently Y! has a two week option available, but hasn't made this available in the UI yet.

If you display player stats for the last month, you'll notice in the URL there is the string "L30" (last 30 days I assume) at the end of the URL, and "L7" when displaying last week's stats.

Manually change that to "L14", and it appears to display the last two weeks stats.

I was hoping I might be able to put in an arbitrary number there (21 days would be nice too), but it appears to only work for specific periods (7,14,30).
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rounders » Wed May 16, 2007 11:56 am

Bwanna wrote:
Rounders wrote:On the same note, I think "Last two weeks" is the best judge of how someone is doing, and would like to see that added as an option for settting rosters and looking up free agents. That option has been available on other sites I've used, and I think it's the most useful because it gives you an idea of who's hot right now, but the "Last Week" can be skewed a lot by one good day.

So, apparently Y! has a two week option available, but hasn't made this available in the UI yet.

If you display player stats for the last month, you'll notice in the URL there is the string "L30" (last 30 days I assume) at the end of the URL, and "L7" when displaying last week's stats.

Manually change that to "L14", and it appears to display the last two weeks stats.

I was hoping I might be able to put in an arbitrary number there (21 days would be nice too), but it appears to only work for specific periods (7,14,30).

Great info, I'll have to try that out.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ryno23 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:12 pm

StatTracker is great, except for one thing: Scrolling. Having to scroll left-and-right in the 2 stat boxes on the right side to see all the info is a pain. If you could widen the window to eliminate the side-to-side scrolling, it would be perfect.
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rounders » Wed May 16, 2007 12:19 pm

Ryno23 wrote:StatTracker is great, except for one thing: Scrolling. Having to scroll left-and-right in the 2 stat boxes on the right side to see all the info is a pain. If you could widen the window to eliminate the side-to-side scrolling, it would be perfect.

Yeah, I mentioned this to Yahoo 2 years ago and they said they were planning on changing it (but obviously never did). I would like a window that you could resize to whatever you want (or at least blow up to full screen). They base their size on a 5x5 league I believe, but we use a 6x6 league, so not all the stats fit.
Also, it would be nice if you could scroll with the mouse scroller rather than having to grab the bar to scroll (which doesn't always work either).
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Wed May 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Rounders wrote:
Ryno23 wrote:StatTracker is great, except for one thing: Scrolling. Having to scroll left-and-right in the 2 stat boxes on the right side to see all the info is a pain. If you could widen the window to eliminate the side-to-side scrolling, it would be perfect.

Yeah, I mentioned this to Yahoo 2 years ago and they said they were planning on changing it (but obviously never did). I would like a window that you could resize to whatever you want (or at least blow up to full screen). They base their size on a 5x5 league I believe, but we use a 6x6 league, so not all the stats fit.
Also, it would be nice if you could scroll with the mouse scroller rather than having to grab the bar to scroll (which doesn't always work either).

Agreed. The latest football tracker _does_ allow resizing which is very nice.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext