Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Bwanna » Thu May 31, 2007 12:12 pm

Suggestion:

Provide a simple line graph of combined standings over the year. I'd love to see trends for my team and other teams, in order to get a more accurate idea of strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe use a narrow, 1-pixel-wide line for all teams except mine, make it 2-pixels wide. Different colors for all teams of course.

Question: Is it possible to see what the standings were on a previous date?

UPDATE: Another related suggestion:

A simple line graph for my team, showing my rank in each stat over the year.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/tbd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 254)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Suggestions (was: Yahoo DL Problem)

Postby Bwanna » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:59 pm

Suggestion: Add totals to the stats displayed on the roster pages (example) grouped by both starts and non-starters.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/tbd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rounders » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:03 pm

Bwanna wrote:Suggestion: Add totals to the stats displayed on the roster pages (example) grouped by both starts and non-starters.

The only problem would be that it would be more difficult to add for teams that don't use the standard 5x5 (we use OBP), but I would think it would still be possible, and I love the idea of not having to open stattracker to get my AVG and OBP for the day (when I'm in a hurry or at a house with dial up especially)
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bwanna » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:09 pm

Rounders wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Suggestion: Add totals to the stats displayed on the roster pages (example) grouped by both starts and non-starters.

The only problem would be that it would be more difficult to add for teams that don't use the standard 5x5 (we use OBP), but I would think it would still be possible, and I love the idea of not having to open stattracker to get my AVG and OBP for the day (when I'm in a hurry or at a house with dial up especially)

Yeah, I'm not gonna guess about how hard it is to implement, just wishing. I wish there was an easy way for a GM script to display totals for OBP and some of the other percentage-type stats, but it's impossible without having more data available.

The annoyance of having to wait for the stattracker to load for just a quick look was the primary reason for that GM script.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:44 pm

Hey Yahoo bigwigs! You've got to get your Chris Youngs straightened out. Chris Young the pitcher is getting blurbs added that belong to Chris Young the hitter. Also I just noticed all the photos of Chris Young the pitcher are actually of Chris Young the hitter.

What could possibly be causing this confusion? ;7 It's not like they look alike or anything. :b

Thanks guys.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Rounders » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:07 am

Question: Is there a way to see what everyone's year-to-date stats are in each category in a head to head league?

This helps with determining strenths and weaknesses of your own team, and knowing that of another team helps when trying to make trades.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:18 am

Rounders wrote:Question: Is there a way to see what everyone's year-to-date stats are in each category in a head to head league?

This helps with determining strenths and weaknesses of your own team, and knowing that of another team helps when trying to make trades.

Yes. On your league page, it is in the top right corner of the standings legend.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers