Owners needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Owners needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby grammysboy » Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:27 am

moose wrote:It really should be like other auctions. Plain and simple.

$260 for 23 players.

Fill a bench via serpentine. They get $1 value. Thats why its good to raise the salary cap in season to $300. Or even just make it $270 or $265.

I originally had the cap going to $300 after the draft, but that raised the ire of many of the potential owners so I dropped it back to $260. I'm still not opposed to raising the cap "in season," which IMO, would allow for easier trading between owners with high $ players. I don't want to go back and look it up now, but I seem to remember Madison had some thoughts on the salary cap that were pertinent. Anyone remember why we said $260 firm?
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:01 pm

I dont remember either, but it seems to me that it should nt make much of a difference, aside from the bench issue as all Free Agants are $1 and thats also the lowest price a player can be aquired for, so its not like we'd be taking on extra payroll
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby grammysboy » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:02 pm

The reason I like the idea of raising the in-season cap is to allow an owner who finds a sleeper in the FA pile to trade for an expensive player and still stay within the cap.
This would serve a second purpose as well: The traded player must go back into the draft next season because he was not drafted this year. While the player received in the trade could be kept at his salary plus $5. Ex.: I pick up Angle Berroa in mid-season for $1 and trade him to Moose in August for a $15 Derrek Jeter. With the hard $260 cap, I probably have to replace several players with $1 FA's to stay under the cap. At the end of the season, I can keep Jeter at the $15 plus $5 for next season if I want. DOF, on the other hand must return Berroa to the list of players available for the next draft. (This may make many of us pause a while before trading a known entity for one that must be dicarded at the end of the season.)
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:34 pm

grammysboy wrote:The reason I like the idea of raising the in-season cap is to allow an owner who finds a sleeper in the FA pile to trade for an expensive player and still stay within the cap.
This would serve a second purpose as well: The traded player must go back into the draft next season because he was not drafted this year. While the player received in the trade could be kept at his salary plus $5. Ex.: I pick up Angle Berroa in mid-season for $1 and trade him to Moose in August for a $15 Derrek Jeter. With the hard $260 cap, I probably have to replace several players with $1 FA's to stay under the cap. At the end of the season, I can keep Jeter at the $15 plus $5 for next season if I want. DOF, on the other hand must return Berroa to the list of players available for the next draft. (This may make many of us pause a while before trading a known entity for one that must be dicarded at the end of the season.)

hmmmm... i like it :-)
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:24 pm

Grammy you write the rules as you want...There are gonna be a couple of sticking points that regardless, someone isn't going to be happy with. I like the idea of $260 hard cap, even in the season. The salary's of players drafted are going to be normal in this draft not $60 so all players should be tradeable. That is part of being a good GM, being able to fit the guy under the cap.

I'm gonna be away from a computer for the next few days, so I'm gonna update the owner list.

Grammy-did wingman ever say he wanted in or not?

Let me know.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 474)

Postby sooner711 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:17 pm

If you have room for another owner I'd love to do this league. Let me know...
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby grammysboy » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:52 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Grammy you write the rules as you want...There are gonna be a couple of sticking points that regardless, someone isn't going to be happy with. I like the idea of $260 hard cap, even in the season. The salary's of players drafted are going to be normal in this draft not $60 so all players should be tradeable. That is part of being a good GM, being able to fit the guy under the cap.

I'm gonna be away from a computer for the next few days, so I'm gonna update the owner list.

Let me know.

Haven't heard back from wingman, yet, but sent another email to confirm.

I am agreeable with the firm $260 cap. The only thing I want to be sure of is that cap is for the entire team of 26 players including the bench. That way I can plan my bidding accordingly. Without major objection, that's the way I'm going to leave it. You're right, it will force us to be better managers when we propose or accept trades.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:30 pm

grammysboy wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:Grammy you write the rules as you want...There are gonna be a couple of sticking points that regardless, someone isn't going to be happy with. I like the idea of $260 hard cap, even in the season. The salary's of players drafted are going to be normal in this draft not $60 so all players should be tradeable. That is part of being a good GM, being able to fit the guy under the cap.

Let me know.

I am agreeable with the firm $260 cap. The only thing I want to be sure of is that cap is for the entire team of 26 players including the bench. That way I can plan my bidding accordingly. Without major objection, that's the way I'm going to leave it. You're right, it will force us to be better managers when we propose or accept trades.

so $260 for all 26 players?
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby grammysboy » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:12 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:
grammysboy wrote:

Let me know.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make the decision here. $260 for all 26 players. If we reach a point in the auction where no one has more than $1 left for players to fill roster positions, we'll finish with a snake draft. Bid accordingly! :-o

We'll get the updated owner list from Big when he gets back. The first 20 players will go on the board Saturday when he gets a chance. Get ready all! ;-D
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sooner711 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:15 am

grammysboy wrote:
Sox FANatic001 wrote:
grammysboy wrote:

Let me know.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make the decision here. $260 for all 26 players. If we reach a point in the auction where no one has more than $1 left for players to fill roster positions, we'll finish with a snake draft. Bid accordingly! :-o

We'll get the updated owner list from Big when he gets back. The first 20 players will go on the board Saturday when he gets a chance. Get ready all! ;-D

Woot! *crossing my fingers*
sooner711
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds