Owners needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Owners needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby grammysboy » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:55 pm

Area51's wrote:Where are you guys at with this now? I went to the other board, but there was too much confusion. Are you still looking for owners?

Here are the rules and regs we have compiled to this point. Draft starts Jan. 3. Want in? These rules say this is to be a weekly league, but we have decided (by a poll) to make it a daily league. Consequently, some of the rules about DL'd players may need to be adjusted some.

OK,
I've tried to collect as many of our thoughts as possible and posted them here for the approval of those who plan to participate in our auction.
This should probably be written as a constitution or by-laws or something, but I'm going to give them in an informal manner. If we need to make changes we can.

1. 23 player roster one each C,1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, and CI. Two U, five OF, nine P.

2. $260 Salary cap for the auction and throughout the season.

3. Players will be put on the board by the moderators and the highest bid that holds for 24 hours wins the player. Efforts should be made to mix players of varying values and positions.

4. Owners can suggest players to the moderators to be put up for auction.

5. A player must have 15 appearances the previous year to be eligible at a position. Rookies will be drafted at the position projected by at least one written source. In season, a player will become eligible after 5 appearances at a position.

6. Trading will be allowed during the draft to enable players who are low on money to get more to continue bidding.

7. Owners can not bid on players they don't have a position for.

8. Owners cannot bid more than they have. If a bid is made that will exceed the owner's $260 limit, it shall be voided. (ex: I need one OF and have spent $255. I cannot bid more than $5 on any player. My $7 bid on Ken Griffey Jr. is voided so the next highest bidder over 24 hours is the winner.

9. Players not taken in the original draft, {unauctioned free agents(UFA's)} may be picked up during the season and will go on the owner's roster at a $1 salary. Owners cannot put players on their roster unless there is an open position and unless they have at least $1 available under the salary cap.

10 Traded & cut players retain their auctioned salary. If a trade leaves a team with a salary in excess of $260, the owner will have to cut players and pick up $1 replacements to bring the salary back within the cap.

11. Owners may keep up to 4 players from a roster for the next year at this year's salary plus $5. However, players are only kept for two seasons (ex: I draft A-Rod for $30 this year. I can keep him next season '05 for $35. He goes back in to the pool for the '06 draft

12. Any player taken during the season that did not go through the original draft must be returned to the draft pool the next season. (ex: I pick up Dontrell June 1 for $1. He is not eligible to be kept for the next season. He can be purchased in the draft next year.

13. Players who are placed on the MLB DL will be placed on the fantasy league Injured Reserve list (IR). The owner still has all rights of ownership. He can trade him, or keep him or cut him. When the player is activated from the DL, the owner has two counting periods to activiate him on his roster. If he doesn't activate the player he will be cut to the Free agent list and eligible to be picked up by any other owner.

14. Owners will be arranged on the waiver wire by random selection. When an owner selects a player on waivers he drops to the bottom of the list.

15. This is to be a weekly league with roster moves made only one day a week. If an owner's roster is over budget or not properly filled by the time play begins on the weekly date, he will receive no stats for that counting period.

16. All the managers that only have money to fill their roster with $1 players at the end will take turns(snake?) to call up players for bid? For managers who already filled their roster, they need not to participate?

17. There will be a 1500 inning pitching maximum per team.

The first set of players will go on the board for auction January 3, 2003. Let's keep things simple this year and hold off on the minor leaguer snake draft. If we can get through this first year, we can discuss adding a couple of minor league players to a keeper list.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:42 pm

grammysboy-didnt see anything in there bout a bench. I thought we had agreed on having a small bench? Or is my memory wrong?
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:44 pm

I'm kind-of-semi-sorta running this thing, so if you are interested in joining send me a "pm". As of now we need two owners

Wingman and Area51 you are first in if you want.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 473)

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:49 pm

refresh my memory, had we decided on a bench, or no?
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby grammysboy » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:29 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:refresh my memory, had we decided on a bench, or no?

I think you're right, we were going to have two postition players and an extra pitcher on the bench. The catch was we weren't going to have a specific snake draft at the conclusion to fill the bench. We did discuss having a snake draft when all owners were down to only enough money for filling their rosters with $1 players. I don't really care, do we want to fill the three bench positions with a snake draft or go ahead and fill them in the auction?

My preference would be to allow owners to fill all their positions in the auction if they manage their money wisely. The $260 salary cap keeps things pretty tight, so an owner will have to fill 26 positions with $260. I can be done, but most will probably fill 23 positions with $257 leaving $3 chose the last three players in the snake draft.

Does that sound OK?
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby coke609 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:58 pm

IF WE ARE COMMITTED TO A SNAKE DRAFT FOR THE BENCH THEN I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE $260 TO SPEND ON MY 23 PLAYERS.
I would NEVER vote Pete Rose into the Hall Of Fame
coke609
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:42 am

grammysboy wrote:
Sox FANatic001 wrote:refresh my memory, had we decided on a bench, or no?

I think you're right, we were going to have two postition players and an extra pitcher on the bench. The catch was we weren't going to have a specific snake draft at the conclusion to fill the bench. We did discuss having a snake draft when all owners were down to only enough money for filling their rosters with $1 players. I don't really care, do we want to fill the three bench positions with a snake draft or go ahead and fill them in the auction?

My preference would be to allow owners to fill all their positions in the auction if they manage their money wisely. The $260 salary cap keeps things pretty tight, so an owner will have to fill 26 positions with $260. I can be done, but most will probably fill 23 positions with $257 leaving $3 chose the last three players in the snake draft.

Does that sound OK?

I'm going to add in something that I notice:

If you have a bench, even if it's only 3 players, then #7 in the rules has to disappear.

7. Owners can not bid on players they don't have a position for.

If you have a bench, then #7 would no longer apply. ;-)

Just something to discuss.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby grammysboy » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:35 am

coke609 wrote:IF WE ARE COMMITTED TO A SNAKE DRAFT FOR THE BENCH THEN I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE $260 TO SPEND ON MY 23 PLAYERS.

The problem with that is the $260 "hard cap" on salaries. If you spend $260 on 23 players and have to have a three player bench, you don't have any money left to spend for them.

Mad's point is well taken. I had actually compiled these rules thinking this would be a weekly league and there would be no bench. There may be other problems with them in light of the fact that we will have a bench and this will be a daily league.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby coke609 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:46 am

When I said that I would rather spend my $260 on 23 players and not $257 I assumed that all the players taken in the snake draft would have a $1 salary the same as free agents.

If this is the case there is no problem moving players from your bench into active duty for anyone that they were replacing could not have a auctioned salary of less then $1. :-?
I would NEVER vote Pete Rose into the Hall Of Fame
coke609
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:46 pm

coke609 wrote:When I said that I would rather spend my $260 on 23 players and not $257 I assumed that all the players taken in the snake draft would have a $1 salary the same as free agents.

If this is the case there is no problem moving players from your bench into active duty for anyone that they were replacing could not have a auctioned salary of less then $1. :-?

If I understand your concern correctly, you are saying that your "active" roster won't exceed $260, right? In most leagues, your entire team's salary cannot exceed $260 including your bench players. Everyone on your roster, active or on the bench counts against your salary cap.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds