Rate my First Keeper League Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my First Keeper League Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my First Keeper League Draft

Postby JoshJungalo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:04 pm

So I just drafted in my first keeper league... its a head to head league that is 7x7 that measures R,HR,RBI,AVG,SLG,K,SB and pitching that measures Holds,K,W,L,SV,ERA,WHIP

Unlimited keepers but you have to give up the pick +2 rounds the next year, so if you draft in the 5th this year, you have to give up a third round next year to keep them and the first 2 rounds cant be kept. Anyway, here is the team I drafted by round, sort of upset I couldnt pull Alex Gordon, but there are always trades.
please let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

1. (7) Alex Rodriguez 3B
2. (18) Carlos Lee OF
3. (31) Hanley Ramirez SS
4. (42) B.J. Ryan RP
5. (55) Paul Konerko 1B
6. (66) Chone Figgins 2B,3B,OF
7. (79) Howie Kendrick 1B,2B
8. (90) Nick Markakis OF
9. (103) Jim Thome Util
10. (114) Mark Teahen 3B
11. (127) Rich Hill SP
12. (138) Chris Capuano SP
13. (151) Joel Zumaya RP
14. (162) Dave Bush SP
15. (175) Akinori Otsuka RP
16. (186) Josh Johnson SP,RP
17. (199) Josh Willingham OF
18. (210) Troy Tulowitzki SS
19. (223) Francisco Liriano SP,RP
20. (234) Chris Iannetta C
JoshJungalo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hamiltond18 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:09 pm

You don't really have a stud SP, you might want to change that. Your bats look pretty solid but might have to give up 1 with a pitcher to get a better SP.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=265478
Hamiltond18 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby richwyld » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:16 pm

not bad good pick woth Francisco Liriano that late...You need to look for younger players ...
richwyld
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JoshJungalo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:19 pm

richwyld wrote:not bad good pick woth Francisco Liriano that late...You need to look for younger players ...

You dont think my picks were young enough? I feel like most of them are pretty young.
JoshJungalo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby richwyld » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:29 pm

well it depends as i think about it ..did anyone in your draft pick up minor league prospect...if they did pick up someone like
Here are some young player that went in my keeper league
pitchers
Phil Hughes
Clay Buchholz
Adam Miller
Matt Garza

other players
3B Alex Gordon
SS Brandon Wood
CF Cameron Maybin
CF Adam Jones

I say yo have to remember if you think this is a league that can last a few years look to some of these young guy and get them before they become big and you have to give up alot to get them...The first to years in my league which started 4 years ago.People thought i was crazy i picked up alot of young guy and now my team is better then just about evryone because they picked the guy to try and win that year and not to build a long term team...

but you do not have a bad start at all..you did good did not take all star player took some of the younger guys
i think the Hanley Ramirez pick was great..I pickd him up last year..so just remember to look ahead..you will have some misses sometimes but just getting on start out of it will help you alot///
richwyld
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JoshJungalo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Yea I could of got Gordon in the 13th round which would of been great but I was sleeping on him. I tried to do a good mix of value picks with young players who can make an impact this year and help me as well as be great value keepers for next year. I am not sure how long this league will last, this is my second year playing with these guys so I didnt want to punt this year just in case it didnt last.

We cant keep free agents so most of the guys you listed wont be kept by anyone except for Gordon, at least off the top of my head. We also have to give up 2 rounds so for me to keep Ramirez I would have to give up my #1 next year... which is a possiblity as he could be at Reyes level by next year.

Thanks for your advice.

richwyld wrote:well it depends as i think about it ..did anyone in your draft pick up minor league prospect...if they did pick up someone like
Here are some young player that went in my keeper league
pitchers
Phil Hughes
Clay Buchholz
Adam Miller
Matt Garza

other players
3B Alex Gordon
SS Brandon Wood
CF Cameron Maybin
CF Adam Jones

I say yo have to remember if you think this is a league that can last a few years look to some of these young guy and get them before they become big and you have to give up alot to get them...The first to years in my league which started 4 years ago.People thought i was crazy i picked up alot of young guy and now my team is better then just about evryone because they picked the guy to try and win that year and not to build a long term team...

but you do not have a bad start at all..you did good did not take all star player took some of the younger guys
i think the Hanley Ramirez pick was great..I pickd him up last year..so just remember to look ahead..you will have some misses sometimes but just getting on start out of it will help you alot///
JoshJungalo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team