New to this, have a question for the vets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New to this, have a question for the vets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New to this, have a question for the vets

Postby joecahill » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Hey all,

As the title suggests, I am brand new to the fantasy baseball front, and have a question: is it more important to have a player playing every position every day (Monday/Thursday), and get the extra R/HR/RBI/SB or to have your best lineup playing at all times, and protect your AVG? Also, about how many pitchers does it take to chew through 1500 IP?

Thanks in advance for the help!
joecahill
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pochucker » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:26 pm

Cant answer the pitching innings question but the other is simple. You want full lineup at all times. While you may think you are protecting average (really has little impact) you are negatively affecting r/rbi/hr. Even a secondary player contributes someting during his lineup stay!
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:28 pm

There's a discussion about the offensive players here: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264743

The innings pitched thing I'm not sure about.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Third Day » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:04 pm

The innings question is based somewhat on you league settings and how many pitching slots there are. What I do is divide the number of innings by the number of weeks in the season and try to stay in that ball park every week
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 275)

Return to Baseball Leftovers