Do I need to make any changes?? What do I need? ....WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do I need to make any changes?? What do I need? ....WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 06MetsAllTheWay » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm

I hate to repeat the others but that team is sick. Offensively it really can't be improved. If you want to really knit pick maybe upgrade with a better starter or get yourself another dependable closer but unless you get a decent deal this team is really solid. ;-D Thanks for the help on mine
06MetsAllTheWay
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bellybrother » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Maybe yes right now on Carp. When is his stock gonna be lower. If you could package a starter and a bat for Carp.......jump. I doubt it'll be that easy though.

For sure, for the right now, I'd drop An. Sanchez for Lilly. Gotta love those AL East pitchers coming to the NL Central. And I'm just not a big Sanchez fan. And with only 6 keepers, you need not worry about that......(edit) or Maine, I didn't even see Maine. Love Maine this year.

Matter of fact, with the studs you have to keep. you really needn't even worry about the Shealy types. Drop him for one of those free agents. Whichever one you covet most.

Sick lineup though.
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Magnus_CA » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:33 pm

THanks for your help with mine. You need SP and a closer. I'd try to move Hawpe.
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nemo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. My main league is H2H and I've won it the last 3 years. I prefer strong hitting to strong pitching in H2H because it is far more consistent. One bad outing from a stud pitcher in a week and he's a wasted high draft pick. That said your pitching is not as strong as your hitting, and you'd love to get a top tier pitcher, but make sure it's the right deal. FWIW, I have Kazmir and Bonderman as the #10 and #11 ranked pitchers this year, so it's not like they are bums.

From a strategy standpoint, I'll assume you have no innings limit and daily changes. In that format I like to keep just one bench hitter, have enough low ERA high K relievers to have in the P spots to give the max number of guys to see action each day and then have a bunch of starters. Since you can plan on winning most of the hitting categories, you have a good chance of winning W,K each week and then if you are OK in ratios you're golden.
Nemo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Domo_kuun » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Add Bonser for Escobar
Domo_kuun
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fantasy baller » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:44 pm

Wow what a team. Offensively, its sick. But your pitching needs another ace. See what you can trade/afford to lose on offense and go get an ace for the team. If not an ace, either aim for a Matt Cain or Rich Harden type guy, someone who has the upside to blow up and get a lot of K's. That's all your pitching really lacks: a guy who can tally up a high K total. Other than that, sick offense!
fantasy baller
College Coach
College Coach

Postby somervillesoxfan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:36 am

I think that I am OK for K's with Bonderman, Kazmir, Bedard. I think that the only thing my pitching needs is a guy who can keep his era down and pick up some wins.
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bosoxrock34 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 pm

great team i would leave it be. unless trades some of the monster offense for some pitching upgrades.
bosoxrock34
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neato Torpedo » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:48 pm

Jesus CHRIST that's insane. That is clearly the offense of someone that's taken the exact moves with prospects two, three, four years ago. Crawford, Howard, Wright, and Sizemore are all guys that have absolutely exploded the past 2 years. You picked the right prospects (except Upton hasn't panned out yet) so I commend you for your offense. ;-D

However, I'd say you could spare Howard+Saito and get back Konerko+Zambrano/Peavy/Webb. Or do something to get an ace.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Stelly » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:29 am

Thanks for helping me! ;-D

Wow...really nice team! In my opinion, I would stay put right now, and see hw the team pans out. I think Bonderman will be a legit ace this year.

Great team, good luck!
Stelly
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team