Rank the Big Free Fantasy Baseball Websites - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rank the Big Free Fantasy Baseball Websites

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JakeTrain72 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm

I would say yahoo and then CBS, Fox shouldnt be a choice in this question and ESPN has no leg to stand on because they insisted on charging people money to read their stuff.

So what if they offer it free, they didn't in the past and that tells me all you need to know about the way they do business-They think they are the only ones who have the latest greatest news and you should pay them for being so great.

Yahoo and CBS do a decent job and are different enough in style to really give people a choice. I prefer Yahoo but keep tabs on CBS too. I stopped wasting my time going to ESPN and trying to decipher what I am privledged enough to read or not read.
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hobbes » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:07 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:I stopped wasting my time going to ESPN and trying to decipher what I am privledged enough to read or not read.

Ditto. I don't even go to ESPN anymore. Not only do they annoy me with constant teasers to stories I have to pay to read, their site is so bloated with add-ons and videos and gimmicks that I can't stand it.

Bleh. :-t
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mugrila » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:08 am

I like Yahoo! as well. I just prefer their interface. CBS was ok, ESPN bugs me with the insider stuff, and Fox just has major problems.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby pangbones » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:13 am

I've used yahoo exclusively until this year. ESPN was free and it had free live scoring, and that was enough for me to give it a try!! So far so good with espn, though I find it hard to get used to a new format, menus, etc.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby BigBobE » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:02 am

1 Sportingnews.com

2 Rotohog.com

3 Yahoo
BigBobE
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby samjerky » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:47 am

Hey let me give you guys a little heads up on some of these sites:

Yahoo is probably still the best in terms of offering updates and such, and I like the new drag-and-drop layout, since the classic can be very tedious for head-to-head.

I do auto-drafts, and the Yahoo system works well. ESPN, on the other hand, will draft you like 6 outfielders in a row, and will only fill empty roster spots with the last pick - which is totally useless for roto, for example, and means you have to constantly trade down. Yahoo is much better at giving you a balanced roster. So no auto-drafts on ESPN.

ESPN - last night I noticed that they give you, in brackets, the opposing starting pitcher (probable), which Yahoo does not. That's really valuable for H2H because you can really choose your matchups if you have two guys with near-equal value and much different pitchers faced.
samjerky Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:04 am

CBS, yahoo, ESPN...i refuse to give fox a ranking

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 135)