16 team minor league dynasty draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

16 team minor league dynasty draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16 team minor league dynasty draft

Postby Ed4252 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:15 am

Delmon Young, Garza, Alex Gordon and Chris B. Young were taken in the regular drafts.

This is a 16 team league dynasty

I have the #5, #7, #27, #39 for my first few picks

trying to figure out who I should do with these.

1-2 will most likely be Hughes/Bailey and I'm not sure how the rest will follow

Do I draft based on their prospect upside potential/success in the MLB or do I draft based on my current team needs?

for my #5 and #7 picks, do I go with 2 OFs for both of these picks? (Butler/Maybin/Upton/Bruce) Longoria? (I already have Zimmerman at 3B though) and then go with a SP at 27?

if I go with a SP at #7(Lincecum), I could still get an OF like Hunter Pence at #27

what are your thoughts?

another question I have is, what are some good late round minor league prospects that have a lot of potential to be good closers/setup for holds/saves??

PS: I'll be coming back for some more advice since my minor league draft starts on Monday.
Ed4252
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amatter32 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:15 am

Don't draft for position in these drafts. Minor leaguers are good chips to trade, and they don't always pan out to what people think they can do.

I would go with best available for each pick, just make sure after 12 or so picks it's pretty even between hitters and pitchers.

I use
BA Top 100 as a guide. Check out this link, it has the top 100 prospects of past years. Go through a couple and realize that, just because some is ranked in the top 10 doesn't mean they are going to be good. Don't put too much time into looking at who the better pick is, Maybin or Bruce(who are ranked 6 and 14), because it's like arguing between Blalock and Burroughs in 2002 (ranked 3 and 4). Burroughs looked to be great, but never lived up to expectation.

Colby Rasmus is a good pick at 27, though he probably could go earlier.
Amatter32
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby powenM » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:01 am

That was very well said AMatter.

I might add too in answer to your question. Dont draft minor lg pitchers with an eye to close. Though there is talk that though SF is wanting TLinceum to start he may end up a closer.
Just traded BButler, BWood & JLoney for Mark Teixeira, Ryan Theriot & Renyel Pinto in a DYNASTY LEAGUE. Big gamble I know!
powenM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby High Heater » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:06 am

i'd take Longoria and Maybin if either or both fall to you at 5 and 7. if none dont take butler and bruce.

and yes listen to the previous poster...

NEVER EVER EVER draft for position or need in fantasy baseball minor league drafts. you never know how they will develop there after so always go with the best talent you can get and hope for the best.
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby bigken117 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:44 am

High Heater wrote:i'd take Longoria and Maybin if either or both fall to you at 5 and 7. if none dont take butler and bruce.

NEVER EVER EVER draft for position or need in fantasy baseball minor league drafts. you never know how they will develop there after so always go with the best talent you can get and hope for the best.

:-? Butler and Bruce would be excellent choices at #5 and #7 if they fell.

Like the other posters mentioned, never feel like you should draft for need in a minor league draft. Always take the best available talent, and when in doubt, draft the bat.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 253)

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:06 pm

BPA.

If you could get Maybin/Bruce, that would be awesome. If you want to keep the batter/pitcher ratio going, I would go Bruce/Gallardo.
Member #4 Of "The Official Zack Greinke Fan Club"
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby High Heater » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:43 pm

bigken117 wrote:
High Heater wrote:i'd take Longoria and Maybin if either or both fall to you at 5 and 7. if none dont take butler and bruce.

:-? Butler and Bruce would be excellent choices at #5 and #7 if they fell.

Like the other posters mentioned, never feel like you should draft for need in a minor league draft. Always take the best available talent, and when in doubt, draft the bat.

yea i worded it wrong i meant if longoria and maybin are gone go butler/bruce
High Heater
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Return to Minor League & College Baseball