Is Cameron starting this week... weekly deadline... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Is Cameron starting this week... weekly deadline...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Cameron starting this week... weekly deadline...

Postby twofoolwho » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:12 pm

I must have my lineup set up by 7:35 tomorrow evening. This is the latest I have heard about it from CBS Sportsline on 3/27...

News: The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Padres OF Mike Cameron strained his right hamstring and sat out Monday's game. He'll likely miss Tuesday as well, but is confident he'll be ready for the season. "The only way I don't make it to opening day is if I miss the bus," he said.

Analysis: Cameron is hitting .244 this spring (10-for-41) with one homer, four RBI and no stolen bases (but he has drawn eight walks). Cameron remains a quality outfielder who can provide pop and steals. View him as a Top-35 OF choice worth a middle-round pick in NL-only leagues and a middle- to late-round pick in mixed play. Expect him to be in your lineup for Week 1 of the baseball season.

I think most people will understand if I am not completely convinced he will be playing when there is talk of a hamstring injury. lol. If anyone hears any more recent news, I'd be most appreciative if you let me know. I could put Huff in there instead.

Thanks in advance!
twofoolwho
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:14 pm

This is the latest

All systems go: All signs point to Cameron (strained hamstring) being in the Opening Day lineup.

"We expect he'll be ready," said Black.

Cameron is scheduled to get some at-bats in a simulated game situation on Sunday. Greg Maddux, David Wells and Trevor Hoffman will all be throwing.

Full Story
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby twofoolwho » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:38 pm

Thanks!
twofoolwho
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby twofoolwho » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:51 am

I don't believe this is in the wrong forum. Read what I posted. I didn't ask if I should start him, I asked for any updates on his injury status. Injury and Player Updates would be the place for that... but then, there can be a fine line there, I guess.
twofoolwho
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby beef » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:17 pm

Much nicer than I would have been twofoolwho. You're asking about an UPDATE on a player INJURY. For some reason posting in the Injuries and Player Updates thread seems to make sense to me.
beef
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby twofoolwho » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:18 pm

I agree that there can be a fine line. I also think that people around here get too technical with that stuff sometimes. No offense taken though.

I mentioned that it was a weekly lineup that had a cutoff of Sunday to let people know why I was in a hurry to get the info. I mentioned Huff showing that I had other options, but realized when I replied to you that it was unnecessary for me to do that, and for that reason I could see where you were coming from.
twofoolwho
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates