what is going on with furcal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

what is going on with furcal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what is going on with furcal

Postby A'salltheway » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:13 pm

i am hearing so many different things . is he gonna start which is what cbs says or is he going to be on the dl. i need to know cause i have a weekly lineup in my league thanks. WHIR
A'salltheway
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Hmm

Postby Frappy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:43 pm

Mar. 30 : Manager Grady Little said Furcal, out with a sprained ankle, "could be questionable for opening day but should be ready shortly after that," the Los Angeles Times reports.

Mar. 29 : It's looking more and more like Furcal's sprained ankle will be healed by opening day. He ran and threw for the fourth day in a row and hit off a tee. All that's left is for him to sprint around the bases and take batting practice. "Everything is positive," Little said. "By tomorrow evening we should have a good read." Little said Furcal would not play in the Freeway Series against the Angels, the Los Angeles Times reports.

There you go ;-D Start him for this week, at most he misses a game.
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whoson1st0 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:22 am

Looks like we Furcal owners need to find a backup plan...

From the LA Times on 4/1:

"The team also put shortstop Rafael Furcal on the disabled list retroactive to March 23, meaning he won't be eligible to play until at least Saturday."

From previous reports about his health, this seems to be a precautionary measure. Hopefully he'll have no problem returning for week 2.
whoson1st0
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 45)

Postby theplatypus » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:47 am

whoson1st0 wrote:Looks like we Furcal owners need to find a backup plan...

From the LA Times on 4/1:

"The team also put shortstop Rafael Furcal on the disabled list retroactive to March 23, meaning he won't be eligible to play until at least Saturday."

From previous reports about his health, this seems to be a precautionary measure. Hopefully he'll have no problem returning for week 2.

Link? April fools?
theplatypus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:49 am

This one is no April Fools

Link

Rotoworld wrote:Dodgers placed shortstop Rafael Furcal on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a sprained ankle.
Furcal might return as soon as next weekend. In the meantime, Wilson Valdez is likely to start at shortstop in his place.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby noles1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:10 pm

Not looking good for Furcal. May be out longer.

According to Fanball:

The News
Dodgers shortstop Rafael Furcal hoped to return to action on Saturday, but his sprained left ankle could keep him out longer than that. "I still haven't run on it, I'm not even trying now," he informed MLB.com. "Some days it starts to feel better, then the next day it hurts again. A week ago, I thought it was feeling good and I tried to do something, like leading off, and that didn't work. On the plane yesterday, it swelled up a lot. It's a long season and I'd rather be out a week than the whole year." Furcal is on the 15-day disabled list. Ramon Martinez started at shortstop on Monday.

Our View
Furcal suffered the injury on March 22, and clearly this has been more than just a minor tweak. Fantasy owners should keep him on their benches or disabled lists until we receive more positive news about his potential return.
noles1 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Houser33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:27 pm

Furcal is generally a slow starter anyways. I would keep him benced the first week or two regardless of his injury status.
Houser33
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates