How Am I Looking - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How Am I Looking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How Am I Looking

Postby Gunch » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:57 pm

10 team mixed league. Normal stats with triples and Complete Games also as stats.

C- Joe Mauer
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Josh Barfield
3B - Alex Gordon
SS - Jose Reyes
OF - Carl Crawford
OF - Bobby Abreu
OF - Hideki Matsui
Util - Jim Thome
Bench - Delmon Young, Adrian Gonzalez

SP - Carlos Zambrano, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Barry Zito, Scott Kazmir, John Patterson, Andy Pettitte, Curt Shilling
RP - JJ Putz, Chris Ray, Bob Wickman

I know my power is an issue, most likely looking for a trade at some point. Leave a link and Ill look.
Gunch
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Vots » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:01 pm

Fielder, Barfield, and Gordon are in question. They aren't bad, they have some good upside, just haven't proven themselves yet.

Other then that, looks good.
Vots
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby nmarq8 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:22 pm

I think your team is very solid. I'm not very big on zito this year, i think he'll do pretty well, but not as well as some people think. If you're looking to increase your power #'s, you may look to package fielder and zito for maybe Derrek Lee (Teixiera, Berkman, etc.) and a lesser but still quality pitcher.
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby coldfusion » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:48 pm

Reyes/Crawford are awesome when it comes to getting you triples, some homers, and SB's, while ur starting pitching is very solid. Wickman very likely wont be a closer for the whole season with Rafael Soriano and Mike Gonzalez waiting in the wings so keep an eye open for those guys. Otherwise, I like your team.
coldfusion
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chris_dubyuh » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:59 am

Power is an issue for your team but it is a good one. You don't have much power but where you don't have power you have the 2 of the best 5-tool players in the game (Reyes/Crawford) that won't give you much power, but will add some to the other categories plus net you big steal totals if they are both on/healthy.

However if you want to upgrade at power I'd suggest not shipping Fielder but packaging Abreu and Zito for an OF like maybe Holliday, Lee or Jones. I'm not keen on Abreu regaining his power-stroke but he is another 5-tool player that can contribute everywhere and he's expendable to you (in my opinion).

Thanks for the insight. Good luck.
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby thekingthe » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:21 pm

You have a very well rounded team. You won't hit the most homers, but you won't come in last either. You pitching is very good. This team will do very well. I am not a huge Barfield fan, but that is kinda nitpicking.
thekingthe
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Hamiltond18 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:29 pm

It's not that your power is an issue, its the fact that you "power" guys havn't proven them selves over the long wrong yet. But also remember IMO speed is just important as power and will gain you valuable points.
Hamiltond18 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jimmyvegas » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm

as far as fielder/barfield not proving themselves yet, i'd argue that a
30 + homerun rookie season is good, as is a .280, 15 hr 21 steal season. i like both to improve upon those numbers, especially barfield, hitting in a better lineup and out of petco. im just astonished that cecil and jessie are still playing.
jimmyvegas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jimmyvegas » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:59 pm

so what if you arent first in hr's? chances are you wont be last, and reyes/crawford bring WAY more to the table than a pure power hitter. your offense looks very solid overall
jimmyvegas
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team