Esteban Loaiza to DL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Esteban Loaiza to DL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Esteban Loaiza to DL?

Postby sox 06 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:23 pm

News: Oakland right-hander Esteban Loaiza was scratched from his scheduled start Saturday for the second time in three days and might begin the season on the disabled list with tightness in his right shoulder blade. While manager Bob Geren called a DL stint possible, Loaiza hopes it doesn't come to that and isn't ruling himself out to make his first start Thursday in Anaheim against the Angels. He didn't even attempt to loosen up in the bullpen, instead telling Geren he was still experiencing tightness behind his throwing shoulder. "If all goes well, I'll throw a bullpen Monday and Tuesday and go from there," Loaiza said.

Analysis: Loaiza also was scratched from his outing Thursday against Oakland's Triple-A club in Sacramento. "My first guess is he would start on the DL," Geren said before the A's exhibition game with the San Francisco Giants. "He couldn't pitch two days ago and he couldn't pitch today. I don't see him pitching in four or five days." If Loaiza goes on the DL, Oakland would consider right-hander Chad Gaudin -- the emergency starter Saturday -- and lefties Brad Halsey and Lenny DiNardo to replace him in the rotation. The A's don't need their fifth starter until the third week of the season anyway. When healthy, Loaiza is an AL-only option.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates