Just drafted, how did I do? 12 team H2h - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just drafted, how did I do? 12 team H2h

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just drafted, how did I do? 12 team H2h

Postby jealousblues » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Im kind of down on it.
For the first time we used a CI, and a MI spot.
So I think I screwed myself with that.
Anyway, I say im weak in the OF and RP.
I usually can find something over ww though with RP so I dont worry too much, though I should have gotten one stud. (but they did a good job of picking them clean this year)
My OF is very weak also, so I started throwing crap at the wall.

but who are my top 3 OF, and who should go in the Util spot?

I think I got enough pieces so I can make a trade though.

Here is my team

12 team H2H

R, HR, RBI, SB, FPCT, OPS

C Joe Mauer (Min - C)
1B Albert Pujols (StL - 1B)
2B Plácido Polanco (Det - 2B)
3B Scott Rolen (StL - 3B)
SS Jimmy Rollins (Phi - SS)
CI Carlos Delgado (NYM - 1B)
MI Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS)
OF Álex Ríos (Tor - OF)
OF J.D. Drew (Bos - OF)
OF Brad Hawpe (Col - OF)
Util Pat Burrell (Phi - OF)
BN Frank Thomas (Tor - Util)
BN Juan Rivera (LAA - OF)
BN Andre Ethier (LAD - OF)

W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

SP Brandon Webb (Ari - SP)
SP Scott Kazmir (TB - SP)
RP Takashi Saito (LAD - RP)
RP --empty
P Chien-Ming Wang (NYY - SP)
P Dontrelle Willis (Fla - SP)
P Chris Capuano (Mil - SP)
BN José Contreras (CWS - SP)
BN Anibal Sánchez (Fla - SP)
BN Anthony Reyes (StL - SP)
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Willy T 4 MVP » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:01 pm

i like your team a lot. you drafted a team very similar to mine. remember than in h2h pitching takes a back seat to hitting. however, true aces (johan, carp, oswalt, zambrano, peavy, halladay, and NO ONE else) are insanely valuable. the reason pitchers are less important in h2h is bc they are so unpredictable week to week. the guys i mentioned are virtual locks every week, so their value actually goes up in my opinion.

Also, and saves and steals become far less important (bc they are streaky and have a low correllation to the other 8 cats). Here are some trade ideas for you off the top of my head:

1) trade rolen and one of ur speculative pitchers for ryan zimmerman. if he doesn't bite id give rolen/capuano for zimmerman.

2) it's too easy to say "get rid of JD Drew NOW". More than likely you wont get anything for him. My advice is to wait for him to produce in the first 5-6 weeks and then get rid of him. of course, if you think someone in your league values him, by all means "get rid of JD Drew NOW". a guy like franceour (however u spell it) is someone id target in return.

3)package burrell with thomas for a more serviceable util hitter. burrel isn't gonna cut it my friend.

4) since this is H2H, i would definitely not encourage you to spend for a closer this early in the season. troll the WW and see where you stand a month from now. unlike roto, you cant "fall behind" in saves so dont sweat it this early. you should definitely get your hands on broxton though to handcuff saito - he should come cheaply.

5)package contreras with capuano for a legit tier 3 SP or contreras with dontrelle for a tier 2 SP.

6)find a yankees fan who thinks wins are the be-all and end-all of pitching ability and dump wang on him.

7) target brandon phillips as your 2B. not to beat a dead horse, but something like polanco and contreras for phillips is a great deal for you.

Last but not least, the player with the highest ratio of trade value to actual production is clearly Joe Mauer. His value will never be higher and he will not produce nearly enough to warrant his ADP.mauer and JD Drew for michael barret and a stud OF should put you over the top.

these are the types of trades i love to make early in the season. esp in a 10 team mixed league, where the WW is likely to have some real talent. the name of the game in a 10 teamer is stockpiling studs, not having depth of OK players.

pls help with mine:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=265255
Willy T 4 MVP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jealousblues » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:07 pm

yeah, im from STL (can you tell?) and I really dislike picking Drew. But I neglected my OF badly and I NEEDED someone.
Im banking on Boston helping him (as opposed to crushing him)
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby chris_dubyuh » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:23 pm

I like your team, especially your IF.

I would definitely advise you hound the wire for relief pitching options. No Otsuka, Julio, "Cincy guys"?

I would trade Hawpe and Thomas for a better OF/UT hitter and slide Burrell into your lineup because Hawpe could possibly end up platooning. He will hit 25+ homers with sufficient RBIs and runs. His AVG will be low but I think your team can take the hit with guys like Pujols, Mauer and Polanco who regularly hit for AVG.

You've got a solid pitching staff and I'd have to concur about getting rid of Wang. He doesn't look promising to me at all.
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby jealousblues » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:25 pm

the cincy guys are there. but the other two were drafted (of all things)
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby jealousblues » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:37 pm

So how do I fare in my cats?

I think im going to be good for HR, Rbi, Runs and maybe steals

Saves im going to be deficiant, wins maybe

what else?
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby big-goat » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:45 am

Well, Rivera will be out until at least June it sounds like (broken leg) so I would probably leave your OF the way it is. Id probably put the big hurt in at UTIL tho because thats all hes good for.

Id try and deal Burrell and someone (Reyes, Sanchez) for a decent RP. YOu cant afford to leave that spot open. Look for a guy like Julio, Isringhausen, Wickman or Fuentes etc. then you'll be in good shape.
big-goat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jealousblues » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:35 pm

yeah, im targeting Izringhausen, but im going to try hard not to give up both Burrell and Sanchez
especially with the injury concerns
JH32
jealousblues
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team