CBSSportsline article trashes Holliday and gives no reason - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBSSportsline article trashes Holliday and gives no reason

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Not really the crux:

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Kouz is eligible at Util and possibly will be at 3B, very very deep positions. Yes Wright is worth drafting 20 rounds ahead of him.

If H. Matsui was hitting 40 and 50 HR every year, what is 35? :-°

I guess the point is there is a plethora of potentially second rate 3Bs, while relatively few 1st rate 3Bs.

Alex Rodriguez
Miguel Cabrera
Aramis Ramirez
Garrett Atkins
Troy Glaus

That's being conservative. I'd be fine with Zimmerman, Rolen, Hall, Jones, or Gordon as my starter.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby godallahstar » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:If H. Matsui was hitting 40 and 50 HR every year, what is 35? :-°

every year?
he hit 50 once, 42 twice, and everything else was in the 30s.

iwamura hit 44 the other year.
he's coming here at a younger age,
if anything, the reason he wont do well is his bb/k issues
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:14 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:Kouz is eligible at Util and possibly will be at 3B, very very deep positions. Yes Wright is worth drafting 20 rounds ahead of him.

I guess the point is there is a plethora of potentially second rate 3Bs, while relatively few 1st rate 3Bs.

Alex Rodriguez
Miguel Cabrera
Aramis Ramirez = Injury risk
Garrett Atkins = Not in his league
Troy Glaus = SS

That's being conservative. I'd be fine with Zimmerman, Rolen, Hall, Jones, or Gordon as my starter.

Hey I go for Tracy. Wright goes 2-3 picks to early for me, seemingly every time.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Chrisy Moltisanti » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:17 pm

godallahstar wrote:
Chrisy Moltisanti wrote:If H. Matsui was hitting 40 and 50 HR every year, what is 35? :-°

every year?
he hit 50 once, 42 twice, and everything else was in the 30s.

iwamura hit 44 the other year.
he's coming here at a younger age,
if anything, the reason he wont do well is his bb/k issues

Power peak is what, 30-32 years old?

So the greatest HR hitter in Japanese history hits 31 HR at his power peak and you're thinking good HR totals from Iwamura are in the bag? If one thing has been proven it's that HR power is severely decreased with the league change. Even in Jap fantasy baseball, Iwamura should only be considered a 30 HR guy, so if he gets 20 here feel lucky.

Here are Iwamura's stats in Japan: 3580 AB's, 550 Runs, 188 HR's, 570 RBI's, .300 BA, .366 OBP, .519 SLG, .154 Run average, .053 HR average, .159 RBI average.

If we figure on 600 AB's this year for Iwamura and do the math generated above, his stats might look like this: 82 Runs/ 18 HR's/ 75 RBI's/ .287 BA/ .340 OBP/ .441 SLG.

Iwamura's Yakult Swallows home park has the smallest dimensions of any Jap park. It's park factor, relative to other Jap parks, is #2 highest overall.
Chrisy Moltisanti
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:00 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

Alex Rodriguez
Miguel Cabrera
Aramis Ramirez
Garrett Atkins
Troy Glaus

There are two top tiers of 3B- A-Rod, Cabrera, and Wright are the top 3, then Atkins and Ramirez are after them in their own tier. Then you get into Glaus, Zimmerman, Rolen, those guys just aren't on the same level as the others. Granted they would be fine starters, but they aren't giving you the same production.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby byfrcp » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:06 pm

But if Wright isn't 20 rounds better than Kouz or Iwam then what, 15 rounds? So don't draft Wright until round 5 because you can get Iwam in round 20?
byfrcp
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers