Carlos Quentin on DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Carlos Quentin on DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Big Train » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:56 am

Coppermine wrote:Whata's the ETA on his return?

No return date set out in any of the recent articles on him that I can see.... they're playing it cautious obviously...I'm guessing a week to 10 days though it could be sooner since he's eligible to come off the DL tomorrow.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:44 am

Quentin bats
Right fielder Carlos Quentin (torn labrum) took early batting practice and said "everything's good."

"We're building up endurance," he said. "I'll be out there with these guys (today) and I'll keep doing that and see what they want to do when we get home. I'm pretty confident it'll go well."

It's possible Quentin could go on a minor league rehab assignment next week.

Full Story
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Big Train » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:42 am

Looks like he won't be back for at least 10-14 days...

MLB.com:

PHOENIX -- Outfielder Carlos Quentin is just days away from appearing in some Minor League games, which would be his biggest step toward returning to the lineup.

Quentin was diagnosed with a partial tear of his left (non-throwing) labrum during Spring Training and began the year on the disabled list. He has progressed from hitting off a tee to taking soft toss, to live hitting and finally to hitting on the field during regular batting practice.

Quentin is scheduled to take batting practice on Tuesday before heading down to extended Spring Training in Tucson on Wednesday to take some swings in a camp game. He'll get Thursday off and then the team will reevaluate where things stand.

"Hopefully at the end of the homestand, maybe, we get him into some more games maybe [in] Tucson," manager Bob Melvin said.

The team's medical staff has worked with Quentin on strengthening the muscles around the labrum (in shoulder area), and they think that will help him avoid having to have surgery.

"It's looking pretty good for me getting some [Minor League] at-bats this week," Quentin said. "It feels good. It feels better than even before the injury because I had felt a little in there before."
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates