Need a manager for hard core existing salary keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Need a manager for hard core existing salary keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: League

Postby moose » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:35 am

someone25 wrote:Hey JP,

Listen, it's not my fault the team ended up in last.

For Your Information, you were the one that asked if I was interested in taking over in mid-season...I can't just waive a magic wand and I finish in the middle of the pack - it doesn't work that way. It takes hard skill. So you can't blame me for a team I didn't even start with for ending up in last.

If I were any of you, I wouldn't join this league at all.

Nearly half of the orginal GMs that started last year...are already gone. That should tell you how bad this league is.

It seems like news rules/old rules are added/changed everyday...where's the consistency?

Thanks for the info! I was actually considering it.

And no I'm not bitter. I just call a spade a spade. That team is brutal.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:43 pm

someone25 wrote:Administrators/moderators: If the above message that I have entered is against the rules of conduct, please let me know...and I'll delete it (if I can). I'd rather have it be deleted if its against the rules of conduct rather than be banned...I'd like to give myself practice at some mock drafts sometimes anyways - just giving my opinion of how it was when I was a manager in the league.

I don't see a problem with the post. You didn't cuss or use profanity, and I'm sure that some of our members appreciate your opinion on the league.

In order to participate in one of our mocks, you need to register. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moose » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:17 pm

And he actually got someone to take that pile of crap. At least its free. :-°
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:20 pm

someone25 wrote:Administrators/moderators: If the above message that I have entered is against the rules of conduct, please let me know...and I'll delete it (if I can). I'd rather have it be deleted if its against the rules of conduct rather than be banned...I'd like to give myself practice at some mock drafts sometimes anyways - just giving my opinion of how it was when I was a manager in the league.

Honest opinions are appreciated...as long as they are done in a respectful manner....and with evidence.....I think you are fine.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Team

Postby UFB Commish » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:15 pm

No Moose is quite right, "pile of crap" is an apt description of that team. But someone has stepped up to the plate to take on the challange. Hopefully he can make it a more competitive squad then it was last year. He can't make it any worse... since we still only have 20 teams the worst he could do is 20th again.

And for the record the team was in 14th when it was taken over midseason. It started out as essentially the Cincinnati Reds, a so-so squad, but ended up 30 games behind the team that started out as the Tigers and 69 games behind the championship team that started out as the Angels.
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: Team

Postby someone25 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:32 am

UFB Commish

The "BIG reason" I had to resign as manager, is because of college and I didn't want fantasy to get in the way of real life and important stuff that'll need to be used in my career. Actually, I'm probably going to stay in fantasy leagues, but it must be the salary leagues, plus the fact it's a 20 team league - requires patience and effort (which I had - but became less/hard at an unfortunate time in the beginning of my college career).

I'm glad you were able to find a manager to take over.

If the time permits later on, as well as an opening to take over a vacant team, would you consider taking me back into the league? Want your honest opinion.

I wasn't the like the others - platnum, ryan, etc. At least I don't think I was.

I guess I understand why you removed my account from the message board - that really organizes it - from 20+ people to 20 "concrete" managers.

Again, UFB Commish, whatever paths we have crossed each other in - good and bad...I just want to leave with this message: Merry Christmas and hope you have a Healthy Happy New Year.

P.S. I'll have jannoman post messages that I send to him from the "Great Thinker - My Western Civilization Professor/Instructor/Teacher/friend - whatever you want to call him - lol!
someone25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby moose » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:40 am

ooohhhh...

I think I'm gonna cry!

:~(
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UFB Commish » Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:41 am

For Your Information, you were the one that asked if I was interested in taking over in mid-season...I can't just waive a magic wand and I finish in the middle of the pack - it doesn't work that way. It takes hard skill. So you can't blame me for a team I didn't even start with for ending up in last.

Nearly half of the orginal GMs that started last year...are already gone. That should tell you how bad this league is.

It seems like news rules/old rules are added/changed everyday...where's the consistency?

Hmmm... kind of makes you wonder doesn't it. "Oh, that's bad. You don't want that, it tastes terrible. Hey, are you going to eat that sandwich?"

For somebody so unhappy with the league he sure seems to want back in pretty bad.

Yeah we lost half the managers after the first season. They were culled from the heard. The good ones are still there. A 20 team league this competitive takes a lot of time. It's not for the faint of heart. I would expect to lose a few next season too. But eventually we will come to a balance of 20 managers all with skill who are all competitive and on the same page. It's a keeper league, it's not like we don't have time to sort it all out. The objective is to get the managers and rules to be improving over time.

Merry Christmas
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby someone25 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:18 pm

UFB Commish wrote:

Hmmm... kind of makes you wonder doesn't it. "Oh, that's bad. You don't want that, it tastes terrible. Hey, are you going to eat that sandwich?"

For somebody so unhappy with the league he sure seems to want back in pretty bad.

Yeah we lost half the managers after the first season. They were culled from the heard. The good ones are still there. A 20 team league this competitive takes a lot of time. It's not for the faint of heart. I would expect to lose a few next season too. But eventually we will come to a balance of 20 managers all with skill who are all competitive and on the same page. It's a keeper league, it's not like we don't have time to sort it all out. The objective is to get the managers and rules to be improving over time.

Merry Christmas

Well, I did have to quit because of college. If you can't honor that request without make a "wise crack." Then I'm not the manager for your kind of league. I'm sorry I even posted this, but I'm not going to sit around w/out telling my side of the story. I would expect better from someone who's a college professor, but guess I was wrong.

If you're looking for an apology, here it is:

I apologize for being a "rookie" in your type of fantasy league. I also apologozie for cussing at you on YIM. I apologize for trying to get a board of governors (group of managers from the league) to check and balance the power of the commissioner. I apologize for everything that may have happened. I would hope that you'd accept it. If you're not willing to accept it, then I'll understand why the way you are.

I did my best in the league, and that's all I can go for. I can't help that college got in the way of fantasy or fantasy got in the way of college...all I know is that college comes first for now on. Actually, college comes second....behind God - who's #1 - he's the real one that I lost, and I'll need to find him again. If you are needing to find him, I hope you are able to.

Again, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year. This will be my last post in this particular thread, as I don't want to get into another argument with you - I'd rather be bitter friends, then bitter enemies.

Again, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and God Bless!
someone25
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby UFBBLOWS » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:23 pm

i was in this league, i got booted for being a threat to the commish, i had by far the best team in the league, but i was removed b/c i spoke my mind about some rules, i wouldnt join this league if u guys want to be in a fair one. THen im replaced by someones "brother" who anybody im their right mind knows is the same guy, but hey, if u guys wanna play in a corrupt system this is the league for you if not, id suggest u look elsewhere, UFBCommish is the reason half the league quit, not because the managers were inactive etc, just because nobody can stand him, hes a lying cheating weasel
UFBBLOWS

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds