Need a manager for hard core existing salary keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Need a manager for hard core existing salary keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need a manager for hard core existing salary keeper league

Postby UFB Commish » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:32 pm

1000 players on rosters (thats 250 more than you'll find in MLB) on 20 teams. Need one manager for next season.

http://www.geocities.com/jpsheeha/Rikis ... 7229472330

Take a look around, get on the message board, etc. If interested just post here. We are currently in a FA signing period which I have halted until all the teams have a new skipper.
UFB Commish

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby moose » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:50 pm

That team is total crap. Good luck to whoever gets them! Wow.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Keeper League

Postby UFB commish » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:01 am

moose wrote:That team is total crap. Good luck to whoever gets them! Wow.

Didn't say it would be easy. If you want easy, try a Yahoo public league. Yeah this team is not great, but it does have Carlos Lee, Derek Lee, and a few decent young starting pitchers. It's probably better than the 2003 Tigers, but not as good as the 2003 Brewers. The team finished last in the league 2003 and I wouldn't expect too much of them in 2004 either. It will require skill to make this team a contender, but in an ongoing keeper league it's not like you don't have time to build.
UFB commish

Postby moose » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:46 am

True. I know a guy who took a team like that and won a 16 team league in his second year.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

League

Postby UFB Commish » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:56 am

That's the guy I need... got a name? But seriously, it's a very fun, very commited league that attempts to mirror as much of the headache of being an actual GM as can be managed from signing FAs, to balancing a budget, to prospecting for minor league talent and placing players on or signing them off of waivers.

Some managers are dumping salary, some are planning to make a run in the future, some are going out at all costs to win now, just like in MLB.

Post if interested (even on just taking over on a trial basis until I can find somebody to take them on permananet). Otherwise they will be managed for a while by the league a la the San Juan/Montreal Expos.
UFB Commish

New team...

Postby UFB Commish » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:15 pm

This team look any better? It's now a FA also. Finished 7th in the 20 team league. Post here if interested.

http://www.geocities.com/jpsheeha/Rikis ... frogs.html
UFB Commish

Postby Hurky Jurky » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:45 pm

Hey, that actually looks really fun. If you still need a guy shoot me an e-mail or PM and I can give you whatever info you need.
Hurky Jurky
T-Ball Trainer

League

Postby UFB Commish » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:50 pm

Great...

My YIM is jpsheeha (we use YIM a lot for trade talk, communicating, etc.)

My email is: mailto:jpsheeha@yahoo.com

Look forward to hearing from you... or even Moose who must still be bitter over the Mets dissappointing season. But look at how much better they will be with Cameron's glove in CF insted of Cedeno's snow shovel. He must be the worst defensive CF in the history of the game.

But truthfully I don't blame you for not wanting to take on the hapless Cards... It would take a truly special manager to pilot them in the right direction (...subliminal peer pressure... subliminal peer pressure... insert peer pressure here...)
UFB Commish
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: League

Postby someone25 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 am

Hey JP,

Listen, it's not my fault the team ended up in last.

For Your Information, you were the one that asked if I was interested in taking over in mid-season...I can't just waive a magic wand and I finish in the middle of the pack - it doesn't work that way. It takes hard skill. So you can't blame me for a team I didn't even start with for ending up in last.

If I were any of you, I wouldn't join this league at all.

Nearly half of the orginal GMs that started last year...are already gone. That should tell you how bad this league is.

It seems like news rules/old rules are added/changed everyday...where's the consistency?
someone25

Re: League

Postby someone25 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:03 am

Administrators/moderators: If the above message that I have entered is against the rules of conduct, please let me know...and I'll delete it (if I can). I'd rather have it be deleted if its against the rules of conduct rather than be banned...I'd like to give myself practice at some mock drafts sometimes anyways - just giving my opinion of how it was when I was a manager in the league.
someone25

Next

Return to Classifieds