New Commish - Abandoned Team How to Handle - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

New Commish - Abandoned Team How to Handle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Commish - Abandoned Team How to Handle

Postby Tiggr33 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:44 am

I am a new commish in a yahoo private league with fantasy point scoring. I have a manager who basically has abandoned the league. As a league we did vote on some specifics, but not on how to disband an abandoned team, only the time frame to consider a manager absent, and a time frame thereafter to respond to emails from me (as commish).

What is the best way to accomplish this? If I waiver the whole team, doesn't that put managers higher up in the waiver priority an unfair advantage? I could put everyone on the trading block on the abandoned team, and post trade waivers everyone left. I really do not know how to best handle this situation, especially so close to the start of the season, when we all (but this one) have fine tuned our teams.

I have been playing for a few years, but I am new to being the commish. Luckily I have never previously been in a league with an abandoned team. All input is appreciated.
Sal
Tiggr33 Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby alec03 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:29 pm

maybe post in the classified section with the team and say i need an owner, one dropped out. i know if you email yahoo with certain things like league id# and old owners id and new owners id they can change the owner of the team. that may be the best bet for your league. this way you wont have one dead team

;-D
^thanks to Chargersfan36!^
alec03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby chris8 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:10 pm

Worst comes to the worst, then you as commish have the power to set his line up.

So put his best players in the lineup, and only change them if they go on the DL or get demoted.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 107)

Postby BritSox » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:29 pm

chris8 wrote:Worst comes to the worst, then you as commish have the power to set his line up.

So put his best players in the lineup, and only change them if they go on the DL or get demoted.

;-D
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby Hobbes » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:37 pm

BritSox wrote:
chris8 wrote:Worst comes to the worst, then you as commish have the power to set his line up.

;-D

Yep, if you can't get another manager then this is the way to go.

At least if the team is dead at the start of the season the other managers can't complain about some teams benefitting more after he abandoned it.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner