George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:59 pm

Time to face the facts buddy, the sox with arod and magglio and schill and foulke are much better than the yankees. That is when they get arod and magglio...And even if they don't, the team is the same as last year, except you add a top SP in curt, and a top closer in foulke, and you minus todd walker, that's the only difference right now...The only reason your pissed off is because you know this is true, all yankee fans are mad that the redsox are going to have the better team on the field next year.

That has some inkling of truth. Although I'd like to see Red Sox fans realize that they are always saying next year is the year, and it NEVER is. It made me hate them in the first place. Oh, next year. Remember 1999 when we whooped you? You know what you guys said? That's right, next year.

What I'm more pissed about is George signing Sheff over Vlad, and completely ignoring the fact that Schilling was stolen by the Red Sox for far less than what AZ wanted from the Yanks. I want him to take A-Rod from Boston in a perfect payback scenario. I know that's not gonna happen, but I wish he'd at least make an effort.
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grenade Teeth » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:19 pm

(Yawn)

What I'm more pissed about is George signing Sheff over Vlad
Another stereotype reinforced.
Grenade Teeth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:25 pm

That's so stupid bro? I know Sheff is a great player. Hell, he beat you guys once with a dinger sitting on his butt against Veres. It's just that Vlad is a better PERSON, younger, better defensively, etc. George was out to solve the RF situation anyways. Why not get the guy that made more sense in Vlad?

PS. I ache in hopes we take Matty Mo from you guys next year. He's a class guy that can pitch in the clutch. Too bad STL will keep him and continue to waste his efforts.
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby nsulham » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:28 pm

GuestHappyNow!!! wrote:That's so stupid bro? I know Sheff is a great player. Hell, he beat you guys once with a dinger sitting on his butt against Veres. It's just that Vlad is a better PERSON, younger, better defensively, etc. George was out to solve the RF situation anyways. Why not get the guy that made more sense in Vlad?

PS. I ache in hopes we take Matty Mo from you guys next year. He's a class guy that can pitch in the clutch. Too bad STL will keep him and continue to waste his efforts.

Am I the only one who gets the impression that Guest wants an all-star at every position for the Yanks?

I think you're sure to be a Cafe favorite soon Guest. Welcome aboard ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:30 pm

An all-star at every position? If you could win that way, why not? Please, guys, try to use some logic when you talk to me.
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:35 pm

My ideal yankee lineup next year if I was George

3B- Jeter(All-Star)
DH- Williams(Potential All-Star)
1B- Giambi(All Star)
SS- A-Rod(All Star)
RF- Vlad(All Star)
C- Pudge(All Star)
2B- Soriano(All Star)
LF- Matsui(Potential All Star)
CF- Lofton(Not an All Star)

Well, since I got Lofton penciled in at CF, that theory of having an all-star at every position is no longer valid. :-)
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby nsulham » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:35 pm

GuestHappyNow!!! wrote:An all-star at every position? If you could win that way, why not? Please, guys, try to use some logic when you talk to me.

An unabashedly brash, arrogant Yankee fan.

You're going to be very popular around here Guest lol
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:43 pm

I'm not arrogant. I just wish people would use a little more sense, ie Red Sox fans. I'd really like just ONE of them to admit to me that they've been saying "Next year is our year" for the past decade.
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Gang Green » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:07 pm

GuestHappyNow,

I've jumped ship as far as being a Yankees fan but that's for another day. I have your back on this one.

Let's see...The Red Sox get Schilling (GuestHappy is right, Colangelo gave him away for Fossum and Jetsom), Foulke and look to be getting A-Rod and Magglio. They also made a last ditch effort to get Pettitte. :-[ What does Red Sox Nation say?.."Theo is great! Theo rules! Thank you Theo!! Yeah!!!!!"

Yankee fans talk about getting A-Rod or Vlad. What does Red Sox Nation say. "Typical arrogant Yankee fan. You want a star at every position. Wah Wah Wah!" :~(

Please guys. I'll admit that Red Sox fans IMO are the most astute and knowledgable fans of all teams, but when it comes to the Yankees you become a bunch of thin skinned crybabies.

You can't say how great Theo is when he adds all this payroll and then whine about Yankee fans looking to add payroll to their team. Face it, you can't beat the Evil Empire so you're looking to construct one of your own. 8-o Welcome to the dark side! ;-D
I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I'll be dead before I realize it.
Gang Green
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:11 pm

Gang Green, think about what you're doing. It's not like the Yankees didn't try to keep Andy. They offered him more money. It's not like they lowballed him. I truly believe he wanted to go to Houston, and that's OK. Andy was very hot-cold with us in post-season. It just so happened he was hot this year. Had he pitched the way he did against the DBacks in the 2001 World Series, most people wouldn't have cared that he left.
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers