George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:31 pm

Boston would be moving Nomar for Maggs, basically the same amount of money. It's not like they are poor, and I'm sick of them hanging on the coattails of Yankee haters of other teams. Let's get this straight, you hate the Yankees for "buying teams," you should ALSO hate the Red Sox. Don't let them act like victims.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:35 pm

First of all, good luck to whomever has to tell either A-Rod or Jeter that they have to move aside and play 3B and whoever has to tell Jeter that another big star, who happens to play the same position, is coming to HIS town.

I truly believe the Yankees haven't even considered moving Jeter for a guy like A-Rod. But if it were ever to be possible, I guarantee Jeter would swallow his pride and move to 3B. Jeter wants to win more than anything else, and by him moving to 3B for A-Rod, it'd put us in a great position to win another championship. I just don't think the organization would do that to Jeet. He's the one guy the Yanks wouldn't trade for anyone.

Postby trevisc » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:42 pm

Anonymous wrote:Boston would be moving Nomar for Maggs, basically the same amount of money. It's not like they are poor, and I'm sick of them hanging on the coattails of Yankee haters of other teams. Let's get this straight, you hate the Yankees for "buying teams," you should ALSO hate the Red Sox. Don't let them act like victims.

Let's get one thing straight. I don't hate the yankees. I just don't root for them. I LOVE having Soriano and Jeter on my fantasy team. As well as half of their pitching staff. In real life, however, I do not root for them to win anything because anyone can "Buy" a championship team if they keep trying at it...
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Greenrider » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:45 pm

What's with this rash of cowardly guest postings we've had recently? If you want people to pay attention to what you're saying, sign up, or face the fact that most people won't pay attention to an opinion that you can't even back with a name.
Greenrider
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:45 pm

Good point.

I did love having Pedro on my fantasy team last year, eventhough I wouldn't have been a bit upset if his career ended. That's good about fantasy. You can benefit from players from teams you don't like. That way, it's mostly a win-win situation. The team you don't like wins, you're happy your guy produced. The team you don't like loses, you're happy they lost.

PS. You love having Soriano on fantasy? Must be roto. This guy is so hot-cold with his erratic swinging, it's so annoying to watch. I never thought I'd live to see the day I couldn't stand my own player that hit .290 with 40 jacks.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:50 pm

What's with this rash of cowardly guest postings we've had recently? If you want people to pay attention to what you're saying, sign up, or face the fact that most people won't pay attention to an opinion that you can't even back with a name.

You must live in computer la-la land. How the hell does showing the name "Greenrider" show any guts, as opposed to having the name guest? How is my opinion cowardly to begin with in the first place? Geez, I didn't think intelligence levels had gotten this low in America. I know the schools suck, but jeez. So if I registered and had "Guest" as my name, I'd somehow have more credibility. LMAO :-t

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Hey Greenrider, do I have guts now? LMAO
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:54 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Anonymous wrote:He fits with the Yanks. We're gonna need a 3B next year anyways in the free agent market. Jeter has clearly lost a step at SS. It's time to have a left side IF of Jeter at 3B and A-Rod at SS for several years to come. Here's what I propose George: Aaron Boone and Jorge Posada along with cash for A-Rod. We haven that Navarro C prospect anyways in the wings and can sign Javy Lopez, or if you want to get a little lighter in the wallet, Pudge. Posada isn't clutch in post-season anyways and he's a wimp blocking the plate.

Come on, George, I know you read this board. Make it happen

Gotta love Yankee fans... :-b Only a $40 million left side of the infield there.

I was thinking the same thing except it would be more like $45 million. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:56 pm

Since when does money matter to the Yanks, especially when the quality of that left-side of the IF would be well worth the dollars.
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby nsulham » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:02 pm

GuestHappyNow!!! wrote:Since when does money matter to the Yanks, especially when the quality of that left-side of the IF would be well worth the dollars.

The quality can't be argued against but I believe you also said you then wanted the Yankees to sign Pudge or Javy to replace Posada? Does the money madness never end??? :-o
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers