George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:12 pm

He fits with the Yanks. We're gonna need a 3B next year anyways in the free agent market. Jeter has clearly lost a step at SS. It's time to have a left side IF of Jeter at 3B and A-Rod at SS for several years to come. Here's what I propose George: Aaron Boone and Jorge Posada along with cash for A-Rod. We haven that Navarro C prospect anyways in the wings and can sign Javy Lopez, or if you want to get a little lighter in the wallet, Pudge. Posada isn't clutch in post-season anyways and he's a wimp blocking the plate.

Come on, George, I know you read this board. Make it happen

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:14 pm

not in this lifetime. I think A-rod has too much class to go play for the yankees!

:-o
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:15 pm

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I guess you haven't seen the class that the Yankees won the last 4 world championships with. Oh wait, since you hate them, you focus on the guys like Daryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden who weren't even integral parts of those teams.

Re: George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now

Postby nsulham » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:He fits with the Yanks. We're gonna need a 3B next year anyways in the free agent market. Jeter has clearly lost a step at SS. It's time to have a left side IF of Jeter at 3B and A-Rod at SS for several years to come. Here's what I propose George: Aaron Boone and Jorge Posada along with cash for A-Rod. We haven that Navarro C prospect anyways in the wings and can sign Javy Lopez, or if you want to get a little lighter in the wallet, Pudge. Posada isn't clutch in post-season anyways and he's a wimp blocking the plate.

This is the Reality Hotel, it's time for your wakeup call sir :-)
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bell » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:17 pm

Not that it would happen, but I do believe A-rod made it known that he would accept a trade to Boston or the Yankees.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:18 pm

I know I'm not realistic, but I can already see next year coming along after Aaron Boone has another miserable season and we're looking desperately for a productive 3B. And if you can block Boston from getting A-Rod, which they will eventually get, why not do it AND better your own team in the process. If George is so deadset on getting back the back page of the newspapers, this is what he should do.

Re: George, Be A Man And Make An offer For A-Rod Right Now

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:He fits with the Yanks. We're gonna need a 3B next year anyways in the free agent market. Jeter has clearly lost a step at SS. It's time to have a left side IF of Jeter at 3B and A-Rod at SS for several years to come. Here's what I propose George: Aaron Boone and Jorge Posada along with cash for A-Rod. We haven that Navarro C prospect anyways in the wings and can sign Javy Lopez, or if you want to get a little lighter in the wallet, Pudge. Posada isn't clutch in post-season anyways and he's a wimp blocking the plate.

Gotta love Yankee fans... :-b Only a $40 million left side of the infield there.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:27 pm

I know this deal won't happen also because Posada is Jeter's best friend. They'd never deal him.

Still, it'd be the perfect revenge for them completely stealing Schilling from AZ, after AZ wanted a king's ransom from the Yanks.

After seeing Ben Affleck on The Best Damn Sports Show last night, I am determined to think of ways we can screw Boston. Their fans are so pitiful. It's time the Empire Strikes Back hard. This snag in the A-Rod deal would be the perfect revenge.

Postby nsulham » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:I know I'm not realistic, but I can already see next year coming along after Aaron Boone has another miserable season and we're looking desperately for a productive 3B. And if you can block Boston from getting A-Rod, which they will eventually get, why not do it AND better your own team in the process. If George is so deadset on getting back the back page of the newspapers, this is what he should do.

First of all, good luck to whomever has to tell either A-Rod or Jeter that they have to move aside and play 3B and whoever has to tell Jeter that another big star, who happens to play the same position, is coming to HIS town.

Secondly, I don't know what Jeter makes but I'd imagine that'd be one hell of an expensive left infield. That is exactly why if Boston got A-Rod, Nomar would get moved. There's no sense in tying up so much team salary to one side of the infield.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:29 pm

Gotta love Yankee fans... Only $40 million left side of the infield there.

My head is spinning with anger. Boston fans making money puns about the Yankees? Geez Louise, you'd think Boston was the Twins or Oakland with their payroll. WOW

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers