How do you guys have your top 5 catchers ranked for next yea - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How do you guys have your top 5 catchers ranked for next yea

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby grammysboy » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:05 pm

Posada
Pudge
Piazza
Lieberthal
Kendall
Varitek

I think from a fantasy standpoint there are a couple of players who have catcher eligibility who are worthy of a late round pick or maybe a couple of bucks in an auction.

I'm high on Matt LeCroy who has catcher eligibility for next season and will probably be batting every day either as a catcher, DH, or 1B. Robby Hammock of the D-Backs is in a similar situation only on a NL team. They keep him in the line-up either at catcher, 3B or OF. These two player's positions flexibility makes them very attractive to a fantasy owner. ;-D

I noticed the Jays re-signed Greg Myers who had a career year for them last season. If he repeats (at 37 that would be a miracle), look for them to get him some ABs at DH. Will definately be a last round pick or easy $1 player in a draft, but could be worth it.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikcou » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:27 pm

Madison wrote:Posada
Pudge
Piazza
Javy
Varitek

thats how i would go
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:39 pm

Posada
Pudge
Piazza
Javy
Lieberthal
Kendall
Varitek
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:42 pm

GuestHappyNow!!! wrote:2. Posada(Pretty steady. Usually declines late)

He does? :-?

Career average of .269 before the break.
Career average of .271 after the break.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Budworth22 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:43 pm

Piazza, Pudge, Posada, Varitek, Kendall
Budworth22
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Tallahassee/ Ft. Myers ST Home of the Sox and Twins

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:44 pm

LoL, please bro. I watch 160 Yankee games a year. Since Girardi left and Posada has started everyday, he gradually declines later in the year. This year was an exception. Look further bro, I'm not an idiot.
Those That Don't Believe The Media Overrates Donovan McNabb Need To Listen More Carefully

Vladimir Guerrero Was A Met. Then I Woke Up From My Nightmare And He Was Nice And Securely An Anaheim Angel
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:51 pm

I took it upon myself to look at the stats. This year WAS an exception, like I said. The past 2 years, either his power or his average dropped off. That's why the Yanks got Flaherty. They wanted a C that could give him more days off to avoid that late decline.

I swear, sometimes fantasy makes people think they know more than they do. For the past 2 seasons, they've had interviews with Torre on how he wanted Posada to stop wearing down late in the season.
Those That Don't Believe The Media Overrates Donovan McNabb Need To Listen More Carefully

Vladimir Guerrero Was A Met. Then I Woke Up From My Nightmare And He Was Nice And Securely An Anaheim Angel
GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:53 pm

If it helps any, Mazzili is supposedly run happy. That should up I-Rod's steals a bit.

GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:00 pm

GuestHappyNow!!! wrote:LoL, please bro. I watch 160 Yankee games a year. Since Girardi left and Posada has started everyday, he gradually declines later in the year. This year was an exception. Look further bro, I'm not an idiot.

GuestHappyNow!!! wrote:I took it upon myself to look at the stats. This year WAS an exception, like I said. The past 2 years, either his power or his average dropped off. That's why the Yanks got Flaherty. They wanted a C that could give him more days off to avoid that late decline.

I swear, sometimes fantasy makes people think they know more than they do. For the past 2 seasons, they've had interviews with Torre on how he wanted Posada to stop wearing down late in the season.

Did 2 different people make those 2 posts? :-? Sounds like 2 completely different people to me. :-?

Anyway, I'm not one of the ones worried about Posada's endurance. Sure, catchers do tend to get tired toward the end. It's not a big surprise, but if he's the best of the best, I'll happily take him. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GuestHappyNow!!! » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:09 pm

Well, at least defend your point. You're out there showing BA and saying Posada doesn't decline. That's assanine. He does decline, aside from this year. I'm just saying what Yankee fans saw for years. He seemed to become non-existant late, which can hurt fantasy playoffs. As for roto, Posada's gold.

GuestHappyNow!!!
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers