Larry Bigbie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Larry Bigbie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Larry Bigbie

Postby Mr. Smithers » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:08 am

Larry Bigbie, could this guy be a stud next year. I have heard some good things. I hear with the O's improved lineup this guy could be really good. Anyone got an opinion or thinking about drafting.
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams
Mr. Smithers
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Area51's » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:21 am

He will probably go undrafted in my league, but will be a guy I'll keep an eye on. It depends a lot on his PT, and what the O's continue to acquire, but there is definitely some talent there.

He should be a good reserve, or go on your "watcher" list.
If I were playing third base and my mother were rounding third with the run that was going to beat us, I'd trip her. Oh, I'd pick her up and brush her off and say, 'Sorry, Mom,' but nobody beats me.
Leo Durocher, Brooklyn Dodgers Manager
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:51 am

I agree with Area 51. I most likely won't draft him unless I get into a really deep league, but I'll be keeping an eye on him anyway. Then again, I keep my eyes on most players. Lol. :-b If the O's land Vlad plus one of the two catchers, then it can't hurt. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby trevisc » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:53 am

who?

haha
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:26 pm

Bigbie has never hit for much power, and it's getting late for him to start to develop that. But, if he did, he could be a pretty good sleeper. He hits for high average and should be good for 15-20 SBs. If he can hit a few more dingers, he'd be a nice well-rounded player to have.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby nsulham » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:45 pm

What about Luis Matos? I've heard that he's doing well in winter ball and he's slotted to slide into the #2 hole in what could be a very nice O's lineup with Tejada, Vlad and Pudge/Javy. His emergence last season was a nice surprise and it'd be interesting to see what he could do over a full season. Didn't he finish with double-digit steals and HR's and a .300 avg.?
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:51 pm

nsulham wrote:What about Luis Matos? I've heard that he's doing well in winter ball and he's slotted to slide into the #2 hole in what could be a very nice O's lineup with Tejada, Vlad and Pudge/Javy. His emergence last season was a nice surprise and it'd be interesting to see what he could do over a full season. Didn't he finish with double-digit steals and HR's and a .300 avg.?

If Matos does indeed hit #2 with a couple of big bats behind him, he could have a very nice season. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nsulham » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:04 pm

nsulham wrote:What about Luis Matos? I've heard that he's doing well in winter ball and he's slotted to slide into the #2 hole in what could be a very nice O's lineup with Tejada, Vlad and Pudge/Javy. His emergence last season was a nice surprise and it'd be interesting to see what he could do over a full season. Didn't he finish with double-digit steals and HR's and a .300 avg.?

Just to add on to my previous post, Matos had 13 HR's, 43 RBI's, 15 SB's and .303 AVG in 109 games last season.

Over a whole season, he could be a nice 20/20 guy to keep an eye on.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:14 pm

Matos is another Oriole I have penciled in on my draft list (my league is a bunch of Oriole fans and requires you to carry one Oriole at all times) ;-)

If I had to pick, I think I'd go with Matos. He's more likely to be a regular starter, more likely to bat high in the order, and he's a year younger, so more likely to show improvement. On the other hand, Bigbie is a lefty, with a decent platoon split. If you are deep enough to spot him and pair him up with another lefty, Bigbie/Player X could end up giving very nice production. That's a strategy I use a lot in my league.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers