100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Entourage

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Entourage

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:40 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I am glad they didn't leave us with a huge cliffhanger. This whole season was about failure and conflict so to end it for eight months with nothing resolved would have been awful in my opinion. I like how it ended.

Same here. I didn't think the season was the best but I really liked the ending.

I agree. It should be cool to see how the movie goes, and what sort of conflicts lie ahead next season.

I hope they go back to the old formula and start the next season after the movie is completed.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:Same here. I didn't think the season was the best but I really liked the ending.

I agree. It should be cool to see how the movie goes, and what sort of conflicts lie ahead next season.

I hope they go back to the old formula and start the next season after the movie is completed.

That wouldn't be bad, either. Have Vinny back in the limelight, and ready to move onto big things again. Something I've noticed in watching some of the re-runs from Season 1 that run on the lesser HBO stations is, in the early going there was a lot more driving around, chasing tail, smoking weed, and not doing a whole hell of a lot. It's cool to see the evolution that has happened with the characters.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 pm

man, i disagree with you guys. i wanted to see vince fail. hit absolute rock bottom. there is no real reason why he should have landed this new film. even before, his own connections (ari and dana gordon) couldnt land him anything. he's deserved all this and to treat e that way really bothered me. i wanted e to tell him to shove it and become big (in the same mold as ari) and have vince become the new drama (pre-tv days).

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:man, i disagree with you guys. i wanted to see vince fail. hit absolute rock bottom. there is no real reason why he should have landed this new film. even before, his own connections (ari and dana gordon) couldnt land him anything. he's deserved all this and to treat e that way really bothered me. i wanted e to tell him to shove it and become big (in the same mold as ari) and have vince become the new drama (pre-tv days).

I think that will happen eventually, but it will be towards and at the end of the series. Vince winding up right where he started, only this time for good.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:man, i disagree with you guys. i wanted to see vince fail. hit absolute rock bottom. there is no real reason why he should have landed this new film. even before, his own connections (ari and dana gordon) couldnt land him anything. he's deserved all this and to treat e that way really bothered me. i wanted e to tell him to shove it and become big (in the same mold as ari) and have vince become the new drama (pre-tv days).

I think that will happen eventually, but it will be towards and at the end of the series. Vince winding up right where he started, only this time for good.

I actually think we are going to see Vince become the Hollywood star that Ari wanted him to be, more focused on the money and not the art. He was at his breaking point and will do anything not to get back there again. And I don't get wanting Vince to fail. The show is about a star's life. If I wanted to watch a show about failure there are plenty of other options. I'm kind of surprised that everyone thinks Vince mistreated E too. He didn't end the friendship he just said it would be better if E wasn't his manager. It wasn't like E didn't have his best interests at heart but you have to admit things took a turn for the worse once E became his manager.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:36 am

I'm not rooting for Vince to fail, but I do think it was kind of weird that he gets that movie offer out of seemingly nowhere. It's kind of like the whole entire season was about failure, but then Vince gets a phone call during the last two minutes and everything is hunky-dory again, just like that. Makes the rest of the season's events seem less significant to me.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Phatferd » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I actually think we are going to see Vince become the Hollywood star that Ari wanted him to be, more focused on the money and not the art. He was at his breaking point and will do anything not to get back there again. And I don't get wanting Vince to fail. The show is about a star's life. If I wanted to watch a show about failure there are plenty of other options. I'm kind of surprised that everyone thinks Vince mistreated E too. He didn't end the friendship he just said it would be better if E wasn't his manager. It wasn't like E didn't have his best interests at heart but you have to admit things took a turn for the worse once E became his manager.

I think you're all missing the point. The show isn't about Vince, it is about E. The show was not only written for E's character, but it was written for Kevin Connolly specifically. This was the turning point, IMO. This is where we finally start to see E make his own things happen and rely less on Vince and Ari. The whole season E was slowly starting to make a name for himself without Vince. He has the Bow Wow character who seems to be picking up steam along with those two hicks who wrote the movie. He got their movie picked up.

It isn't about Vince getting this movie for no reason and the world be happy. It was about E going against the grain and doing the opposite of what Ari and Vince told him to do (which are the two people who have previously been his crutch) in order to land Vince the job. It didn't work with Van Zandt, but because he gave him the footage from Smoke Jumpers it got into Scorsese's hands. Remember the show is about E, not Vince.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:58 pm

The show is an ensemble it isn't about any one charater but Vince is the focus. Everything revolves around Vince. E wouldn't have gotten the Smokejumpers script without Vince. Vince even went to the studio pitch for E's other client and agreed to do the pilot so it would get picked up. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see E and Vince ever seperating.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:The show is an ensemble it isn't about any one charater but Vince is the focus. Everything revolves around Vince. E wouldn't have gotten the Smokejumpers script without Vince. Vince even went to the studio pitch for E's other client and agreed to do the pilot so it would get picked up. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see E and Vince ever seperating.

also i thought it's losely based on Mark Wahlberg although i guess the "E" character is based on a friend of his
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:The show is an ensemble it isn't about any one charater but Vince is the focus. Everything revolves around Vince. E wouldn't have gotten the Smokejumpers script without Vince. Vince even went to the studio pitch for E's other client and agreed to do the pilot so it would get picked up. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see E and Vince ever seperating.

also i thought it's losely based on Mark Wahlberg although i guess the "E" character is based on a friend of his

It's based on Wahlberg's life as a young actor, but the show was written specifically with Kevin Connolly in mind to play E, which is supposed to be who the show revolves around. The show is supposed to have E's character at the forefront.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk