BA picks Barfield over Greene - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to San Diego Padres

BA picks Barfield over Greene

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BA picks Barfield over Greene

Postby joshheines » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:21 am

BA came out with their top ten list for the Padres and put Barfield at #1, Greene at #2, and Stauffer at #4.

Thoughts?
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:37 am

Wow .. thats a huge jump for Barfield ... he was 7th last season ...
I'm not complaining here ... please understand :-)

Just about the time that Loretta deal is up Jesse will be ready. :-)

Stauffer, he is at least two years away. If he dominates in the minors this season, he might get a September call up. Two years ... '06 ... grab him in '05 for keeper leagues ...

Greene ... well he is here now ... He will be batting 8th. Wait till you all get a look at his batting stance, for those who haven't seen him. He looks like he is not even paying attn, but his bat is fast "Whack" He would be a solid late round pick this season, but I am not expecting huge things from him this year .... From a fantasy perspective anyways... 10-13 hrs ... 50-60 rbis ... 280.ba .
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:28 am

wrveres wrote:Greene ... well he is here now ... He will be batting 8th. Wait till you all get a look at his batting stance, for those who haven't seen him. He looks like he is not even paying attn, but his bat is fast "Whack" He would be a solid late round pick this season, but I am not expecting huge things from him this year .... From a fantasy perspective anyways... 10-13 hrs ... 50-60 rbis ... 280.ba .

I agree...I realy like this kid..... ;-D

and Barfield..little suprised about that.... :-? ....I still think he is a year or two away......
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Padres19 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:16 pm

A HUGE jump for Barfield.

I watched him play a few times last year at Single-A and he was impressive. You could litterly see the pitcher scared at the mound. His numbers were amazing. But, like i mentioned in the last post about prospects, his strikeout numbers are HORRID with a capital HORRID. But that is what double-a and triple-a will teach him. If i remember correctly, Mobile, and the entire southern league is a hitters paradise so his numbers could get even MORE inflated, which is awesome. Plan on him hitting for the Padres in 2006.

Stauffer scares the hell out of me. Ranking him #4 is a blow to #5-10. He pitched zero innings in the minor leagues and his shoulder is hurt. Granted he pitched awesome during college, and most pitchers drafted out of college don't play one inning in the minors after they get drafted, most of them aren't hurt either.

However, i am grateful he mentioned his hurt arm during negations and signed for a measley 750,000 when he could have gotten a lot more.

Greene, this kid will hit .330 next year. I just hope when he falters, and i'm sure he will just like Nady and Burroughs did, that the padres don't lose faith and dump him in AAA. Let him learn his lumps and bruises the hard way.

One more thing, next year this list will be ever better. The Padres have the #1 pick in next June's draft.
[list]Classic Jerry Colmanisms
[*]"Montreal leads Atlanta by three, 5-1."
[*]"They throw Winfield out at second, but he's safe."
[*]"Johnny Grubb slides into second with a standup double."[/list:u]
Padres19
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to San Diego Padres