Closer Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Closer Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:32 am

J. C. Romero update and it's not good:

J.C. Romero - R - Minnesota Twins Dec 27

J.C. Romero allowed four runs in two-thirds of an inning for Carolina of the Puerto Rican League yesterday.
Romero has an 8.22 ERA in 15 1/3 innings in Puerto Rico. The chances of him bouncing back and reemerging as a top setup man in 2004 appear to be declining.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Closer Watch

Postby shortsavage » Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:47 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:Philadelphia
Billy Wagner
Todd Worrell

I thought Todd Worrell retired after the 1997 season :-? .

Another Note:
As a Giants fan, I would be very surprised if Felix Rodriguez got the nod to close incase Nen gets hurt. If you have Rob Nen and want to get the Giants saves even if he gets hurt, you would be better off picking up Matt Herges.

My Question:
Where will Urbina end up? Minnesota looks like a good place to me. I drafted him in my keeper league last week. Due to the fact that he did not have a definitive closer role at the time of our draft, I was able to steal him for $3. Do you think he will get the opportunity to close next season?
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Pedantic » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:10 pm

shortsavage wrote:
Billy Wagner
Todd Worrell

Another Note:
As a Giants fan, I would be very surprised if Felix Rodriguez got the nod to close incase Nen gets hurt. If you have Rob Nen and want to get the Giants saves even if he gets hurt, you would be better off picking up Matt Herges.

My Question:
Where will Urbina end up? Minnesota looks like a good place to me. I drafted him in my keeper league last week. Due to the fact that he did not have a definitive closer role at the time of our draft, I was able to steal him for $3. Do you think he will get the opportunity to close next season?

I think that's supposed to be "Tim" Worrell. :-b

I think Urbina will eventually close somewhere. Minnesota could be a likely destination now that that bullpen has imploded. ;-7
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby bell » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:41 pm

Pedantic wrote:
shortsavage wrote:
Billy Wagner
Todd Worrell

Another Note:

My Question:

I think that's supposed to be "Tim" Worrell. :-b

I think Urbina will eventually close somewhere. Minnesota could be a likely destination now that that bullpen has imploded. ;-7

:-D
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:37 pm

shortsavage wrote:
Billy Wagner
Todd Worrell

:-? ...Retro Fantasy Baseball...... O:-)

shortsavage wrote:Another Note:

Some of the final set-up spots are not set yet....I would not count out Christiansen, Herges or Rodriguez for that spot....LIke I said in an earlier post...sometimes I just had to take an educated guess.. ;-)
shortsavage wrote:My Question:

Minnesota looks like a good fit for him....but I don't know if the Twins want to go that route....This is one we are going to have to watch...but getting UU at $3 was good... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Knickerbocker 9 » Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:48 pm

;-7 Can anyone tell me anything on Mets minor league closer Royce Ring. Can we expect him anytime soon? This season?
The Knickerbocker 9
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Knickerbocker 9 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:17 am

b.looper appears headed to the mets....
SportsRumorMill.com "Rumor has it"
The Knickerbocker 9
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Z String » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:look for wickman to regain the closer role in cle. about the comment on him not being great, very few closers are. but wickmans past 2 year stats as a closer:
00: 3.16 era, .242 avg against
01: 2.39 era, .240 avg against
then he got hurt midway through 02. riske will only get the job if wickman isnt fully recovered.

I know that the closer job is Wickmans and I'm not saying he won't be decent, but why would Riske have lost the job? They wanted to try him out at the end of the year and he did really well in the role. Why wouldn't the Tribe let the younger player, who had some success, stick with the job. I don't get to follow the Indians closely and I was just looking for some more informed views. Thanks.
Z String

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Wickman / Riske

Postby The Knickerbocker 9 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:59 pm

Go to the trade, keeper and waivers forum and look in on the "4 Keepers" title. There has been some discussion there on this topic.
SportsRumorMill.com "Rumor has it"
The Knickerbocker 9
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Rage » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:51 pm

Keep this thread going, very useful!
Rage
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext