how did i do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

how did i do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how did i do?

Postby sha » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:08 am

I had the 10th pick in a 12 team league.

1b-texiera
2b-roberts
3b-m cabrera
ss-c guillen
of-wells
of-byrnes
of-willingham
c-r hrenandez
dh-thome

sp-webb
sp-smoltz
sp-schilling
sp-arroyo
p-s olsen
rp-c ray
bn-lilly
bn-r hill

Scoring System:
single,1pt
double-2pt
triple-3pt
HR-4pt
RBI-1pt
Run-1pt.
SB-1pt

Win-12 pts
K-1pt
SV-5 pts
CG-5
SHO-5

It is not H2H (is that what people call a roto league?), that complile total points throughout the season
Last edited by sha on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
sha
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyBandit » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:24 am

Infield good OF weak outside of wells. Your pitching is ok but only one rp?How manny do you start?
FantasyBandit
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sha » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:10 am

we only start one RP
sha
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby vitadelphia » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:42 am

what kind of league? roto? 5x5? Points system? I would like to know before commenting on this lineup...

I would suggest you to pick up the second relief pitcher and put him on that P position... that will make you to have two relief pitchers, and gathering up saves as much as you can...
vitadelphia
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sha » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 am

Scoring System:
single,1pt
double-2pt
triple-3pt
HR-4pt
RBI-1pt
Run-1pt.
SB-1pt

Win-12 pts
K-1pt
SV-5 pts
CG-5
SHO-5

It is not h2h (is that a roto league?) total points are compiled throughout the season.
sha
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silentjim » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:09 am

Yeah, good overall team. I agree that your OF is a little lacking after Wells, but it is possible Willingham plays decently well this year.

Weird points league format, so I can't say for sure value wise where to go with pitchers.

Lets say Santana wins 20 games at 12 points each, then he gets 240 points plus lets hypothetically say he strikes out another 240 more. Thats 480 points out of the best pitcher in the league. Now lets say you take Francisco Rodriguez and he gets you 45 saves at 5 points each for a total of 225 points. If hes strikes out 100, then he gets a total of 325 points compared to the 480 Santana could get. He can also squeeze out a couple of wins here or there as well, which could boost his value more. Hard to say. Just tossing things out there.

Obviously going power heavy is the way to go on offense coupled with Ichiro's and hitting machines.
silentjim
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Basketball Mod
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Take advantage of your league scoring

Postby Cee Rud » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:12 am

Most owners put a lot of value in steals, but your league scoring favors power hitters. Look for guys with high OPS and/or total bases and you'll rack up points.

For pitching, if you don't have an IP limit, fill your P spot with a closer and plan on cycling through pitchers when they start. Since you're not losing points for losses, earned runs or any negative pitching stats, you're best bet is to just load up on pitchers that are pitching, racking up K's and getting better shots at W's, SHO's and CG's.

That said, I think you could do better than Byrnes and Willingham in your OF. That'd probably be your biggest need for improvement. I like Byrnes but I'm in a 5x5 roto league and he's my 4th/5th outfielder.

Take a look at my squad.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264506
Cee Rud
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: how did i do?

Postby Billy's Beane's » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:24 pm

sha wrote:I had the 10th pick in a 12 team league.

1b-texiera
2b-roberts
3b-m cabrera
ss-c guillen
of-wells
of-byrnes
of-willingham
c-r hrenandez
dh-thome

sp-webb
sp-smoltz
sp-schilling
sp-arroyo
p-s olsen
rp-c ray
bn-lilly
bn-r hill

Scoring System:
single,1pt
double-2pt
triple-3pt
HR-4pt
RBI-1pt
Run-1pt.
SB-1pt

Win-12 pts
K-1pt
SV-5 pts
CG-5
SHO-5

It is not H2H (is that what people call a roto league?), that complile total points throughout the season

I've played in a league like this before. It's typically called a "points" league. Your lineup looks pretty solid, but you have to improve your OF.

One thing I did in my league like this was go after pitchers with a high k/inning ratio. I'm almost sure you have an inning limit...so the thing you need to ask yourself is how can I get more points than the other guys in my league per inning. Almost all players in your league will reach their inning limit, and if they don't, their bad. If you want to win, reach your inning limit, and maximize every inning possible. In my opinion, the best way to do this is through closers. Most closers have really high k/inning ratios, they'll get you saves...and when they blow their saves, they can get you wins. Middle relievers will help you with vulture wins also. Think about it...if you can get pitchers that pitch only 80 innings on the year but get you like 7 wins...that's huge. And pitchers that will help you will be out there too. While other people in your league will care about whip, era, and all that stuff, you shouldn't. They don't help you in points. I would go after a few starters with high k/inning and potential for wins and load up on high k/inning relievers. Pay attention to your inning limit and make sure you stay on pace to reach it. My guess is, if you follow that formula, you'll get more points per inning than anyone else...and at least you'll have your pitching side taken care of.

Let me know if that didn't make sense, and I'll try to explain it better.

Good luck!
My team: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2139669#2139669
Billy's Beane's
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team