One of my all-time best, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

One of my all-time best, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

One of my all-time best, WHIR

Postby Bolts_and_Bombers » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Hey guys, back for another year!

OK, I am in a 5x5 + OPS league. Head to head. daily lineups. 12 teams. and I must beat them all. I won two years ago, and hat a pretty poor showing last year. This time, I am feeling good.

Here goes:

c - Varitek
1 - Sheffield
2 - Freddy Sanchez
3 - Arod
ss - Jimmy Rollins
o - Ichiro
o - Francoeur
o - Bonds
u - Giambi
bench - Gomes
bench - Granderson

sp - Carlos Zambrano
sp - Dice-K
p - Barry Zito
p - Wang
p - Colon
rp - Cla Merideth
rp - Scot Sheilds
bench - Anibal Sanchez
bench - Zach Duke

I figure no saves, but whatever, saves are one category. I think my team is all around pretty good. Other than saves, where do you see a need for improvement? Thanks.

Thanks for the sig, Chargersfan36.
Bolts_and_Bombers
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:22 pm

Offensively, your set with steals for sure, and you have a good core with ARod, Sheff, Giambi, Rollins, and Ichiro. I'm not that crazy about your outfield but it will do the job.

Pitching wise, I like Zambrano at the top, and Dice K and Zito are pretty solid 2 and 3s. After that, I am not a fan of Wang and Colon, and although I like Sanchez is a pretty deep sleeper. I don't like your decision to punt saves but you can't do much about that now.

Overall, you have a nice team. I think your offense is very good, and you have some good pieces in your pitching staff.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264175
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:37 pm

Definitely not a good idea to punt saves. :-t One category is a lot, and because of that I don't really like your team. It's still not bad, but IMO won't win it.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby HulkSmash » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:33 pm

Once Sanchez gets himself together, he'll be great for you I'm sure. Francouer and Bonds are iffy for me, especially with the classic Bonds scandal going down. Francoeur will have big ups, but even bigger downs. Gomes was all downhill for me last season, getting rid of him was the best thing I ever did. As for pitching, the only 3 that concern me are Wang/Colon (DL), and Duke. Duke's first season was spectacular, but last season left something to be desired. He may rebound, but there's no guarantee. Zambrano, Shields, and Sanchez will put up great numbers for you.

Little help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=263340
HulkSmash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team