Team A vs. Team B vs. Team C...funston league (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Team A vs. Team B vs. Team C...funston league (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Team A vs. Team B vs. Team C...funston league (WHIR)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:20 pm

12 team roto 5X5

Team A:

C - Johnny Estrada
1B - Paul Konerko
2B - Ian Kinsler
3B - Troy Glaus
SS - Felipe Lopez
OF - Carlos Beltran
OF - Vladimir Guerrero
OF - Adam Dunn
Util - Alex Gordon

bench - Morgan Ensberg, Moises Alou, Jorge Cantu

SP - Jake Peavy
SP - Scott Kazmir
RP - Jose Valverde
RP - Jorge Julio
P - Ryan Dempster
P - Rich Harden
P - John Patterson

bench - Dustin Hermanson, Ted Lilly

Team B:

C - Russell Martin
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Tad Iguchi
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Rafael Furcal
OF - Jason Bay
OF - Gary Sheffield
OF - Rocco Baldelli
Util - Todd Helton

bench - Coco Crisp, Pat Burrell, Hank Blalock

SP - CC Sabathia
SP - John Lackey
RP - Octavio Dotel
RP - Rafael Soriano
P - Erik Bedard
P - Rich Hill
P - Kelvim Escobar

bench - Brad Penny, Bob Howry

Team C:

C - Michael Barrett
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - Howie Kendrick
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Jose Reyes
OF - Ichiro Suzuki
OF - Nick Markakis
OF - Austin Kearns
Util - Carlos Delgado

bench - Mark Teahen, Stephen Drew, Josh Bard, Chris Burke

SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - Ervin Santana
RP - Huston Street
RP - Tom Gordon
P - Randy Johnson
P - Josh Beckett
P - Akiniri Otsuka

bench - Clay Hensley

Post a link if you want help with your situation.

Thanks!
Last edited by NikkiSixx on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:31 pm

Team A:

Very good offense. But the pitching has a few injury prone guys, and closers that aren't very reliable. That team needs to package up some offense and help out that staff a bit.

B:

Good offense, and very solid starters. Although, that team is screwed for saves. Only have Dotel, and it's not like he'll get you a ton of saves. Package up a starter with something else and bring in a good closer.

C:

Offense looks good, although it looks like it might need some help with HR's. Delgado, Tex, Zimmerman should help well with that, but you still need more. Starters are good, and two solid closers, with Otsuka that will start as the closer for Texas. Possibly need one more starter there.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264091
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 407)

Postby Kuji » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:42 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:Team A:

Very good offense. But the pitching has a few injury prone guys, and closers that aren't very reliable. That team needs to package up some offense and help out that staff a bit.

B:

Good offense, and very solid starters. Although, that team is screwed for saves. Only have Dotel, and it's not like he'll get you a ton of saves. Package up a starter with something else and bring in a good closer.

C:

Offense looks good, although it looks like it might need some help with HR's. Delgado, Tex, Zimmerman should help well with that, but you still need more. Starters are good, and two solid closers, with Otsuka that will start as the closer for Texas. Possibly need one more starter there.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264091

Agreed completely.

Probably the best is Team C, and it just needs a solid starter and I am pretty sure you'll get far.
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:06 pm

Team A has got a nice outfield with Beltran and Vlad, even though I'm not a big Dunn fan, but he'll still put up a lot of power numbers for him. Offensively power is not a problem for Team A but if Lopez doesn't steal as much as he did last year he could have some problems. Pitching wise, team A has a very strong top 2 but absolutely no depth. Who knows if Harden and Patterson will show up, and his relievers are also subpar.

Team B has a solid outfield, with Bay, Sheff and Baldelli, as I think all of them will put up nice numbers this year. There aren't many weakspots in his lineup, and I like his balance. He should be ok in steals with Furcal and Baldelli and Bay contributing, and he should be fine power wise. Pitching staff is very strong; i like it a lot. He doesn't have any elite guys but Sabathia can get the job done and could turn into an elite pitcher by the end of the year, and I think Lackey, Bedard, Hill, and Escobar gives him solid depth. His relievers are very weak, though.

Team C's offense is full of speedsters with Ichiro and Reyes, so with Hendrick pitching in Team C is fine with steals. Lacking in the power department, as only Tex and Delgado are real threats to go over 30 (with Zimmerman and Markakis having outside shots). The outfield is not bad but could be better, I'm not sure I like Kearns all that much but I do like Markakis to break out this year. Pitching wise, team C has a lot of question marks. Can Felix be an ace? Can E Santana be a dependable starter? Can the Unit return to form? Can Beckett return to form? Will Hensley continue to improve? I believe Felix and Santana can be very good for him, and the Unit might be able to rebound, but I don't like Beckett and I'm not sure about Hensley, so he's really banking on his top 3 guys to get it together. Team Cs relievers are by far the best of the three.

So, to rank the teams, I'd have to say Team B's pitching depth and balance offensively puts it ahead of the other two. Team A and Team C are very close, but I'll give C the edge. A is last but is close behind C, and B, although the best of the three, is not in a league of its own. All are solid teams, I just happen to like B over the other two.

Hope that helped.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:34 pm

Thanks for the response.

As for which team I like the best, I'd go with C. A couple of trades and I really like it.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 407)

Postby cordscords » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:54 pm

Team A: No idea why Vlad fell back to you in the 2nd. The combination of Beltran and Vlad is rediculously lethal. The IF is also pretty dang good. Konerko is a reliable top 10 1B, I think Kinsler finishes as a top 5 2B, Glaus brings some bombs and has SS eligility, and Lopez will bring the speed. The rotation might be what holds you back. Peavy, Kazmir, Harden, and Patterson just might be the best rotation in the league, if you know they will stay healthy. Peavy has poor mechanics and a violent throwing motion, Kazmir missed some time and has a violent throwing motion, and Harden and Patterson have always been banged up. But it's clear you arent concerned, and hope that the majority of those guys pan out and put up sick stats for you.

Team B: Like others have said, the RP definitley needs some work. Dotel is your only closer, and when he pitched last year he was awful. Ideally he pitches somewhere near what he was in the past, and Soriano/Howry grab the roles from Wickman and Dempster, but things dont always go as planned. You need to keep an eye out on closers who are on the hot seat. That being said the rest of your team is incredibly well balanced. You wont have any problems with batting average, you've got some guys to chip in some SB with Furcal leading the way (if he's not out for an extended period of time), and some mashers in the offense with the god us fantasy players know as Albert Pujols. The rotation looks solid as well. Sabathia and Lackey are a great 1-2 punch (provided Sabathia doesnt have problems from the line drive) and the rest of the rotation rounds out with above average starters. Injuries and RP could be what holds you back.

Team C: You should have no problem with speed (Reyes and Ichiro), but I'm seeing a bit of a power outage. Outside of Tex and Delgado, I see don't see anybody sniffing 30 HR. Perhaps the plan is to deal the speed to owners who are desperate for SB and pick up the power bats later? If thats the case I can see this team shaping up more as the season goes on. You do have some excellent breakout canidates in Kendrick and Markakis. The hype around them may have caused your to de a little reaching, but if your heart was set on a batting crown and a developing young power bat, it's worth it. The rotation is kind of in the same boat as Team A, except not as strong. Felix, Santana, RJ, and Beckett all have quality arms, but have plenty of question marks sorrounding them. Also a boom or bust rotation.

BTW- I am one of the team owners, as is the original poster, and Yahoo's fantasy expert Brandon Funston. I wont say who is who yet, but it should be interesting to see what everybody has to say.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:02 pm

bump
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:24 am

last time I will bump.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sha » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:33 am

Team A

Nice outfield, IF isn't too bad, I think pitching might be lacking a little bit, Kazmir hasn't proven he can stay healthy and I just don't think the Rays will win many games.

Team b

I think this is the most well balanced team of the 3. only weakness may be RP, but that always seems to be a crap shoot.

team c
probably has the potential to be the best of the 3 teams. you have a lot of youth here, but if a few of them can meet the lofty expectations that have been set for them you could have a dynamite team.

What's your opinion on mine?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264370
sha
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team