Y! Sports Blog Funston League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Y! Sports Blog Funston League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:45 pm

bleach168 wrote:
wrveres wrote:you guys are fascinated with this Yahoo league stuff.
This is like the 6th thread about these leagues we have going, wow

I'm planning the 7th thread to be posted around all-star break when I'm up by 20 points. Image

I am banking on ya Image

anything less than a 1st place finish, and I will be disappointed.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 757)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KHI » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Were you aiming for Freel and Roberts to be your OF 2 and 3, bleach? :-o

I'd have to say, I really like Scottsbluff's team...just needs another closer...
KHI
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:19 pm

I was glad to get Cain at 9 and Bonds at 16.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby garf112 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:25 pm

KHI wrote:Were you aiming for Freel and Roberts to be your OF 2 and 3, bleach? :-o

I'd have to say, I really like Scottsbluff's team...just needs another closer...

he also has griffey, duncan and granderson. You figure those five will add up to two pretty darn good players. that's kind of what i did in my draft. i saw how shallow outfield was and piled up depth with injury prone or platoon types. I think this is a great strategy for this year. Especially, because outfield is where you are going to see most of the top callups come from.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

Postby bleach168 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:30 pm

garf112 wrote:
KHI wrote:Were you aiming for Freel and Roberts to be your OF 2 and 3, bleach? :-o

he also has griffey, duncan and granderson. You figure those five will add up to two pretty darn good players. that's kind of what i did in my draft. i saw how shallow outfield was and piled up depth with injury prone or platoon types. I think this is a great strategy for this year. Especially, because outfield is where you are going to see most of the top callups come from.

Actually, Freel is my 3B. That's my one true disappointment this draft. I was going to add Huff in round 15 but Burnett was just too good to pass up. Huff then didn't make it to 16. :,-(

My outfield is Abreu and a 4 player platoon of Roberts, Griffey, Duncan, and Granderson. They are all lefties and I will only use them against righty pitchers. The end result should look pretty good.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:41 pm

bleach168 wrote:
garf112 wrote:

Actually, Freel is my 3B. That's my one true disappointment this draft. I was going to add Huff in round 15 but Burnett was just too good to pass up. Huff then didn't make it to 16. :,-(

My outfield is Abreu and a 4 player platoon of Roberts, Griffey, Duncan, and Granderson. They are all lefties and I will only use them against righty pitchers. The end result should look pretty good.

I have plenty of 3B...I wouldnt be against selling one of them, offer up a trade if you want.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby great gretzky » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:46 pm

not that this would lose you a league or anything, but why would someone take holliday and ortiz, when vlad and hafner were still there? I knwo OF is a touch more shallow this year, but one would think you would either want the two biggest bats you can get, or go johan, huge bat, or huge bat, steals. Not holliday and ortiz. I like holliday and all, but still.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:48 pm

great gretzky wrote:not that this would lose you a league or anything, but why would someone take holliday and ortiz, when vlad and hafner were still there? I knwo OF is a touch more shallow this year, but one would think you would either want the two biggest bats you can get, or go johan, huge bat, or huge bat, steals. Not holliday and ortiz. I like holliday and all, but still.

I thought the Ortiz pick was good, but I didnt agree with Holliday that early.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Postby great gretzky » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:09 pm

well, its the same difference really, I just wouldn't have picked holliday at that juncture.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:18 pm

great gretzky wrote:well, its the same difference really, I just wouldn't have picked holliday at that juncture.

I agree completely.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers