Analyze my team please// WHIRR!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Analyze my team please// WHIRR!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Analyze my team please// WHIRR!!

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:33 pm

This is a ten team school league. H2H, 5X5 scoring system. What do you think of this team? Any cats I'm going to need to improve on? I was thinking possibly getting a big HR hitter, or do you think I'll be OK? What about M. Gonzalez? Is it worth keeping him?

Advice is appreciated, leave a link!

C - PIAZZA
1B - FIELDER
2B - WEEKS
3B - M-CAB
SS - TEJADA
OF - GUERRERIO
OF - DYE
OF - PIERRE
UTIL - ROLEN
BN - FRANCOEUR
BN - TAVERAS (will drop him soon if someone isn't interested)

SP - OSWALT
SP - SABATHIA
RP - NATHAN
RP - SAITO
P - RAY
P - JULIO
P - M.GONZALEZ
BN - HARDEN
BN - CAPUANO
BN - PATTERSON
BN - OLSEN
BN - GLAVINE
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 404)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:39 pm

Get rid of Saito is my advice. Maybe package Saito and Rolen for someone like Delgado, if you're concerned about homers...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264073

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:08 pm

Very well balanced team. I think you will be fine in HR's.

If you are worried about HR's, however, you should trade Pierre for a slugger. You can then plug Taveras in Pierre's spot for when you need steals in a given week, and have the slugger play when you don't need it.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:38 pm

This is a good team in a 10 team league. Very solid and deep rotation. I agree with pokerplaya, get rid of Saito. Harden and Patterson have ridiculous upside if they can stay healthy. I would possibly plug in Jeff Francoeur in over Pierre if you get a jump start in SB's early on in the week to solve any power problems you might have. Very good pitching with many closer should win you a lot of pitching categories and your hitting is solid enough to give you at least 6 or 7 points a week.

Gonzalez is worth holding in H2H.

thanks for the help with mine by the way, but you never said which of the teams you would prefer...maybe you could do that for me?

Either way Im fine, you gave a good, detailed response, thanks again!
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:11 pm

Very solid team, I think you are going to be fine in the power department with Vlad, Fielder, Cabrera, Tejada, and Dye, and even Rolen and Francouer getting in on the action. I like your offense a lot, but I am not a big Dye or Pierre fan, I actually think you should try to unload Dye since I think Francouer could step right in there and be a solid contributer for you. I know a lot of people aren't high on him, but I think Dye will definitely come back down to earth this year, and Francouer will provide you with solid power numbers in the HR and RBI departments. Your staff is strong at the top with Oswalt and Sabathia, but I don't know about the rest of your staff. I like Olsen, and I like Patterson, but most of those guys after the top 2 are risks. I think you are fine though, you could probably use one more starter but you can stand pat and not regret it. Overall a very nice team, you don't have any areas you need vast improvement in.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=264175
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HulkSmash » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Pretty solid lineup in terms of batters. If you're headed for big SB numbers, then you've got quite the team. In terms of HR, you'll have Piazza, Dye, and possibly Francouer/Rolen (if Rolen can stay healthy). I'd put together a nice trade to see if you can get a HR hitter like Delgado as was earlier mentioned. As for pitchers, I don't personally like Gonzalez as he is still dealing with control issues and will cost you saves/holds. Saito will have an outstanding year for you, as will Capuano and Olsen. Glavine is gettin on in his years, and might be a bit shaky, but still a good pick.

Little help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=263340
HulkSmash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:55 pm

I think your team has good balance to it. The power should be there for you. I believe the reason you're probably concerned is because Tejada and Rolen have been a bit of a downer in power the last couple of years, whereas a player of Vlad's caliber has had suspect lineup protection bring his numbers a tad down. On top of that, you have Fielder and M-Cab who carry 35-40 HR potential, but as youth normally comes with the promise of improvement, not as an indicator of a continuous upward trend. I don't think it's anything to panic over though.

The pitching is great. Oswalt and Sabathia leading up front is great for you and you have the high-reward upsides of Harden and Patterson that can easily make your staff elite. You're quite deep in saves for H2H as well.

I'm not too keen about having Gonzalez or Glavine in a 10-teamer. If there are FA's better than either or both out there, I'd cut bait with either or both.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 678)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:19 am

You're solid all over SG. I don't have much to add except that you may be a little heavy with the RPs. Unless you can only start 2 SPs any given week you could probably lose Saito for another SP from FA. Your offense is awesome.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AshesOfEmpires » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Power isn't a problem from where I stand. I like your team how it is actually. I think Saito actually has 30 saves in him this year and if you want to move him,try and find the guy in your league who ignored saves on draft day.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=263805
AshesOfEmpires
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team