GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!!

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:34 pm

I'm thinking about just trading this in for MGS4
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:00 am

So I beat the game last night. What a masterpiece. I saved it so I can finish the game by taking the money route and not the revenge route.

Do any of you PS3 guys still play online? Let's coordinate a game if possible.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 am

If enough PS3 people form here wanted to play I would give it a shot.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zepfan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:40 pm

I'd be up for an online match on the PS3. Probably would be a lot of fun if we can get enough people. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how we're progressing. ;-D

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Who has a PS3 besides Collins and Zep? If we can get like 10-12 people then I would think it could work. I will be checking out the multiplayer tonight.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:55 pm

I'm a casual gamer and I don't think this game deserves all of the "best game ever" raves it's getting. I only finish games if I'm really into them and they keep me entertained throughout at least the first half. If I get to that halfway point which is pretty rare I'll finish it 99 percent of the time. I became so bored with GTA IV (and every GTA game for that matter) at about the 35-40 percent mark. There's nothing revolutionary about this game except maybe the artwork but if I wanted to stare at a city I'd go downtown. It's a decent game, but it's not great. Every time I look at a review these days it's raving about a game that we've seen before but this time it's a little more lifelike. Same old, boring game though.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Yoda » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:59 am

jfg wrote:I'm a casual gamer and I don't think this game deserves all of the "best game ever" raves it's getting. I only finish games if I'm really into them and they keep me entertained throughout at least the first half. If I get to that halfway point which is pretty rare I'll finish it 99 percent of the time. I became so bored with GTA IV (and every GTA game for that matter) at about the 35-40 percent mark. There's nothing revolutionary about this game except maybe the artwork but if I wanted to stare at a city I'd go downtown. It's a decent game, but it's not great. Every time I look at a review these days it's raving about a game that we've seen before but this time it's a little more lifelike. Same old, boring game though.

I'm not sure that I agree because this game is so realistic. At first I thought it was a watered down version of San Andreas but... Driving tanks, flying planes and base jumping were fun the first couple of times but I really dig the level of details that went into this game. The physics are incredible and perhaps the most impressive thing about the game. Driving is much more realistic as a result. Also, things like cellphone and the internet makes the game so life like.

I think the game deserves all the accolades it got but that's just me. Multiplayer is pretty fun too.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:59 pm

That's what I mean though. Sure, it's realistic and I did immerse myself in the game, but soon enough that all wore off and I was bored with the same old, same old missions....and that happened at about the 35-40 percent mark.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Yoda » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:13 pm

jfg wrote:That's what I mean though. Sure, it's realistic and I did immerse myself in the game, but soon enough that all wore off and I was bored with the same old, same old missions....and that happened at about the 35-40 percent mark.

I guess... I really enjoyed how realistic they made the city. It really hasn't rubbed off yet. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:14 am

Beat this couple weeks ago. The length of the game is great, Liberty City felt real and is so detailed, and the story was decent for a GTA game and I enjoyed it way more than San Andreas. Also, driving felt much more realistic than past GTA games. The shooting in the game was much better than past GTA's too. However, it almost gets boring sometimes since their isn't that much variety in missions. Guess that's my only complaint, really good game.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games