GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!!

Postby Yoda » Fri May 23, 2008 9:28 am

pokerplaya wrote:I've heard many people say and have read many experts who think this game is a piece of cake. Right now I'm on the mission where Nikko has to get Elizabetta's coke after she fights with Jacob...the snow storm or something...I can't seem to get past the fuzz. Ugh. I'm only 23% done and this game is starting to kick my butt. Guess I'm just not very good. !+)

The best thing to do is to know where the exit is and run the hell out of there after you get the stash. Don't bother fighting the cops. Drive a motorcycle there and park it right near the entrance so that you can escape quickly.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri May 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Yoda wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I've heard many people say and have read many experts who think this game is a piece of cake. Right now I'm on the mission where Nikko has to get Elizabetta's coke after she fights with Jacob...the snow storm or something...I can't seem to get past the fuzz. Ugh. I'm only 23% done and this game is starting to kick my butt. Guess I'm just not very good. !+)

The best thing to do is to know where the exit is and run the hell out of there after you get the stash. Don't bother fighting the cops. Drive a motorcycle there and park it right near the entrance so that you can escape quickly.

I wouldn't trust motorcycles when trying to escape cops. I could weave through oncoming traffic in a PCJ 600 in any other GTA game but now, I have a hard time making it alive to stunt jump locations. :-/
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:36 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I wouldn't trust motorcycles when trying to escape cops. I could weave through oncoming traffic in a PCJ 600 in any other GTA game but now, I have a hard time making it alive to stunt jump locations. :-/

I hate driving motorcycles too, I tend to run into a lot of stuff when I'm driving. :-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri May 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I am awesome with motorcycles. I can weave in and out of traffic no problem. :-D

What is everyone's favorite weapon? I love the combat sniper rifle behind cover, far, far away. I don't like to get dirty. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Fri May 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Yeah my problem is the cops...I was thinking about just running past them and finding a car but I got stuck in a damn doorway and they shot me up good. Then I got frustrated and turned it off. I'll try the water, that seems like a good idea.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Yoda wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:
Yoda wrote:

I am awesome with motorcycles. I can weave in and out of traffic no problem. :-D

What is everyone's favorite weapon? I love the combat sniper rifle behind cover, far, far away. I don't like to get dirty. :-D

Weaving in and out of traffic is all fine and good until someone randomly switches lanes and sends you flying 100 yards in the air. %-6 %-6

Using either of the sniper rifles is fun when you're really far away, the AK47 and the other assault rifles are the best for close quarters. ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Fri May 23, 2008 3:42 pm

No matter how hard I try, I cant get rid of the cops. I've tried swimming, they just shot me up. I tried driving away, drove around for 15 minutes but couldn't lose them and they eventually killed me. I saw no boat. How do I evade the cops. It seems helpless.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:51 pm

pokerplaya wrote:No matter how hard I try, I cant get rid of the cops. I've tried swimming, they just shot me up. I tried driving away, drove around for 15 minutes but couldn't lose them and they eventually killed me. I saw no boat. How do I evade the cops. It seems helpless.

To lose the choppers, you need to drive under train tracks or something that obstructs the chopper's view.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri May 23, 2008 4:45 pm

I'd probably go with the Uzi, has the fastest reload time and I usually use that on rampages.

Getting the One Man Army achievment (survive on six stars for 5 minutes) was awesome. :-D
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby j24jags » Sat May 24, 2008 2:34 am

pokerplaya wrote:No matter how hard I try, I cant get rid of the cops. I've tried swimming, they just shot me up. I tried driving away, drove around for 15 minutes but couldn't lose them and they eventually killed me. I saw no boat. How do I evade the cops. It seems helpless.

I pause it right before I start driving a set a waypoint where it looks like I will have a look of straightaways to a very far away place, it usually takes 5-10 minutes to lose them. You obviously have to improvise though, if I get out of the circle I usually turn very soon after and go down sidestreets to "lay low" rather than stay on major roads where other cops will see you.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games