GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

GRAND THEFT AUTO 4!!!

Postby tuff_gong » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:39 pm

For all of you GTA junkies, at 6 pm eastern time, a trailer for GTA4 will be shown at grandtheftauto4.com. Woo-ha! :-B

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:09 pm

I can't wait for this game.... ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby SniperShot » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:04 pm

Wow congratz on post #7000 dude. ;-D

GTA is cool but It's never seemed to grab my attention. Maybe because I've always played it at a friends for short periods of time.
SniperShot
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

Eagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:18 pm

SniperShot wrote:Wow congratz on post #7000 dude. ;-D

GTA is cool but It's never seemed to grab my attention. Maybe because I've always played it at a friends for short periods of time.

Or because every GTA game is the same.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:24 am

That trailer was craptastic.

Sure, it looked good graphically, but that's it.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:06 pm

I liked it, unlike GTA ripoffs the trailer builds a mood, a cinemasque look to the story, and shows that although it will have sandbox based gameplay like all the clones, GTA will standout with the story and in essence the motivation of why you do thing.

GTA has been great in creating storylines in their previous games, enhancing them with distinct and well done voice acting, and now with next gen graphics I can only imagine the story will feel more emersive.

I'm not even a huge GTA fan, but I'm pumped for it, should be great.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tuff_gong » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:18 pm

If the trailer is any indication, Rockstar will be trying to come up with a fresh storyline. I like the idea of playing as an immigrant coming to this country. And I still refuse to believe that the game will just be set in Liberty City. After creating an entire 'state' in San Andreas, I feel like if they confine the game to one city people could see it like a setback.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby eftda » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Rumor has it that this game may be for the Xbox 360 only. Thiw would kill PS3 sales even more. :-)
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ThatDude » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:07 pm

eftda wrote:Rumor has it that this game may be for the Xbox 360 only. Thiw would kill PS3 sales even more. :-)

It's pretty absurd how people (probably some raving xbox fanboy) make stuff like this up.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eftda » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:02 pm

TLB reader Lawl has sent me quite the conspiracy theory. I emailed him back calling him crazy as usual, and told him to I need proof. Minutes later he hit me back with something I wasn't expecting to see - the image above. Where the f**k is the PS3 graphic? If you search Rockstar Games' support database, you'll only find an Xbox 360 version of GTAIV listed, not a PS3 one as well. It's been established that Grand Theft Auto IV is coming to both PlayStation 3, and the Xbox 360, but that each will have original downloadable content over time, so why wouldn't each be listed on their support page?

Has Microsoft worked its money magic yet again and stolen away another game from Sony's PS3? Well, Take Two Interactive, the publisher for the GTA series, isn't doing so well right now financially. In fact, they even postponed a financial meeting until tomorrow, where they're probably going to get a lot of shit from shareholders. That's where Lawl's theory kicks in - tomorrow is also the day that the GTAIV trailer is revealed, as well as the other half of Microsoft's big announcement - the first part of course being the not so surprising Xbox 360 Elite. Coincidence?

Thanks to Lawl on Arrogantics for the rumor tip. Has Microsoft really gained GTAIV as an exclusive title? This is obviously a huge rumor, and could be written off as simply careless site updating on Rockstar's behalf, but with the big puzzle pieces still missing in tomorrow's puzzle, it's time to play the speculation game. Your thoughts? Entirely possible? Pissed? Meh?

http://www.thelastboss.com/index.phtml? ... FT+AUTO+IV

:-°
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Video Games