Damn You Red Sox, Stop Taking Players I Like - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damn You Red Sox, Stop Taking Players I Like

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:01 pm

Wow, another Yankees/Sox debate. Lol. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Damn You Red Sox, Stop Taking Players I Like

Postby Jivedude » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:The biggest claim to fame for your team is you've had scumbags for years. If you go and get Magglio Ordonez and A-Rod, while unloading Manny, you're having players with class that you don't deserve. GRRRRRR. this angers me. The Red Sox are out there buying classy players, while the Yanks are out there overlooking classy players like Vlad and Pettitte, while acquiring jackasses like Sheffield, Lofton, and Brown. It's almost as if the jinx has reversed itself this off-season. The Yankees have gone braindead, aside from the Vazquez deal, while the Red Sox are making all the right moves at little cost to their farm system.

Scumbags!? I think you are confusing the Red Sox with the Yankees! They are the ones that had all the scumbags! Daryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Steve Howe, Melido Perez etc.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chinch sacs » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:08 pm

tool069c wrote:
Jivedude wrote:
Scumbags!? I think you are confusing the Red Sox with the Yankees! They are the ones that had all the scumbags! Daryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Steve Howe, Melido Perez etc.

Don't forget Steinbrenner...he's head of the pack...

What about D. Wells, he was kind of a punk too...
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Jivedude » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:13 pm

chinch sacs wrote:
tool069c wrote:
Jivedude wrote:

Don't forget Steinbrenner...he's head of the pack...

What about D. Wells, he was kind of a punk too...

Yeah I suppose. I guess you could add Clemens too.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Brandaddy » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:13 pm

i think its funny when Yankee fans get mad that another team is buying out all of the good players, i personally dont like what either team is doing but i would rather have the red sox doing it than the yanks.

if the yankees arent buying everyone good, nobody should. ;-D

there should be a salary cap
Brandaddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pkarr5000 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:15 pm

this is just like the "barry bonds is a punk" threads that we had goin long ago. it really doesnt matter. theyre just baseball players. nothing more. :-t

i dont like the red sox or the yankees. in fact i hate both. hasnt anyone learned from the marlins, or were half of you "fans" still rubbing your beards in disgust of defeat. just take it. you all get your hopes up for nothing. in a few months, talented teams like florida/arizona/oakland will be cruising while youre still stabbing yourselves with transitions and lofty signings. when the dust clears, one of you will win the A.L. East but i guarantee ya'll another small market team will win the world series in '04. you dont fight fire with fire.... you fight it with patience.... and walks.....and a few fastballs in the middle of the plate (which is alfonso sorianos wrists) ;-)
pkarr5000
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:16 pm

Yes, Theo is just doing what every good gm should do, but we arent used to that up here.

Duquette traded away MANY MANY MANY future starts (schilling, bagwell, ect) for old, washed up vets (i dont even remember who now). Its good to finally have a GM who knows what he's doing.

GO THEO ;-D ;-D ;-D
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Jivedude » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:22 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:Yes, Theo is just doing what every good gm should do, but we arent used to that up here.

Duquette traded away MANY MANY MANY future starts (schilling, bagwell, ect) for old, washed up vets (i dont even remember who now). Its good to finally have a GM who knows what he's doing.

GO THEO ;-D ;-D ;-D

That was Gorman, not Duquette!
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PresHabib » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:39 pm

Jivedude wrote:
Sox FANatic001 wrote:Yes, Theo is just doing what every good gm should do, but we arent used to that up here.

GO THEO ;-D ;-D ;-D

That was Gorman, not Duquette!

You beat me to it. Definitely Lou Gorman, not Dan Duquette...Duquette was named GM in what, 95 or 96? LOOONG after Schill and Bagwell were gone, but had become recognizable stars. And don't forget, Duquette did trade for Pedro and only gave up Carl Pavano and..well I don't know remember who else so I guess it was a terrific deal for us. He signed us Manny too which, despite the ridiculous amount of money, has helped us much much more than it hurt us. I didn't like Duquette, of course...but he was no Gorman.

I think Theo deserves the praise he's been getting. I mean, it's not like he's been doing this for a decade so I'm not like "hes the best ever" or anything, but he brought guys out of nowhere (millar, mueller, ortiz) who, though they had career years, still did things that they are very capable of. He also schmoozed us into a deal to get Schilling and likewise schmoozed Foulke, and is in the process of bringing us not only the games best player in ARod but also Magglio Ordonez, all without crippling the franchise by robbing us of our future stars like Shoppach and Youkilis and Hanley Ramirez. He's doing a tremendous job and every time I hear something great said about him, I will second it with a resounding "you're damn right". ;-D
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers