Damn You Red Sox, Stop Taking Players I Like - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damn You Red Sox, Stop Taking Players I Like

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Damn You Red Sox, Stop Taking Players I Like

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:27 am

The biggest claim to fame for your team is you've had scumbags for years. If you go and get Magglio Ordonez and A-Rod, while unloading Manny, you're having players with class that you don't deserve. GRRRRRR. this angers me. The Red Sox are out there buying classy players, while the Yanks are out there overlooking classy players like Vlad and Pettitte, while acquiring jackasses like Sheffield, Lofton, and Brown. It's almost as if the jinx has reversed itself this off-season. The Yankees have gone braindead, aside from the Vazquez deal, while the Red Sox are making all the right moves at little cost to their farm system.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby trevisc » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:33 am

well...I'm not a red sox fans or a yankees fan but I sure love the Buzz that it has created in baseball this year. Remember last year's winter meeting? Neither do 99% of people because there was NOTHING going on. This is going to be a great year for baseball! Woohoo!!!
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby kdawg » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:35 am

Dont blame the Red Sox for actually beating the Yankees at their own game. Actually, the Red Sox need to thank one person for all this....some might same Theo while others might lean towards Henry for his guidance. But, Steinbrenner now actively involved in all baseball decisions is killing the Yankees.

We all in Red Sox nation are going to chip in and get a George a really nice Christmas gift this year. He deserves it and we really, really want to show how much we appreciate his involvement.

THANKS GEORGE. YOUR THE BEST.

Sincerely,

A Happy Red Sox fan who has suffered too long.
kdawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yeyo44 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:43 am

theo epstein is god!!!
yeyo44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:58 am

That is one thing I don't like about all this. Theo Epstein is being treated like he's somehow some god. Yet, it all comes down to rolling out the checkbook and having an emense desire to get rid of Manny Ramirez. Epstein is not exactly doing anything he isn't allowed to do. He found a phoney in Schilling, who said he would definitely not come to Boston. But is it really to Epstein's credit that he has no life and would spend his Thanksgiven begging the guy to come?

Sorry, just venting. I hate how Epstein is treated like a god. He's not doing anything anyone else wouldn't do if they were authorized to spend the dollars.

As far as George getting involved is concerned, Red Sox fans shouldn't feel thankful to George for anything. People seem to forget that this dude has won championships. Just because he's starting to get older and dumber doesn't mean Red Sox fans should like him. He still holds 5 things Boston fans would kill for.

Postby smallface99 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:58 am

So let's assume the whole thing goes down...now let me first say I can't stand the Yanks or Sox and think what they are doing is ruining the game...but this is what we will be looking at.
1CF Damon 1 Pedro
2RF Nixon 2Schill
3LF Ordonez 3 Lowe
4SS Rodriguez 4 Wakefield
5DH Ortiz 5 Kim
61B Millar
73B Mueller CL Foulke
8C Varitek
92B Bellhorn

1CF Lofton 1 Mussina
2SS Jeter 2 Vazquez
3RF Sheffield 3 Brown
41B Giambi 4 Wells
5DH Williams 5 Contreras
6C Posada
7RF Matsui CL Rivera
82B Soriano
93B Boone

This is just stupid...especially while the small market teams have team salaries equal to the Skankees bullpen. I have to say, if I had to choose. the Sox are better.
Jon
smallface99

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:00 am

As a Yankee fan, I would definitely take Boston's roster over theres. I just hope Babe Ruth wakes up and realizes that we need him more than ever.

Postby ssuciu » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:15 am

In response to Theo and Guest, I would say you have to give Theo some credit for the moves that have been made. In addition, Theo's accomplishments this offseason are not completely due to him and his check book. He spent thanksgiving with Schilling, he went to a Celtics game with Foulke. I think he has shown an interest in these players (even if superficial) that has attracted them to the Red Sox that goes past a simple monetary contract. I agree that calling him "god" is maybe taking it a little too far, but here in Boston, a World Series championship would make him pretty close.
ssuciu
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:58 am

Well, I'll be praying to MY god that the Red Sox never see a championship in my life span.

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:Well, I'll be praying to MY god that the Red Sox never see a championship in my life span.

I hope you're 99. :-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers